Lister Engines > Things I want to Buy

5-8kw Gen Head Australia

(1/10) > >>

old seagull man:
Still on the hunt for a 5 - 8 kw gen head in OZ, closer to QLD the better.
Belt drive..

There must be an extra in somebody shed.

ajaffa1:
Hi OSM, what happened to the head from Kempsey? Mine now looks petty good (see photos). I have skimmed the slip rings, fitted the new sealed bearings and wired up the AVR. I had to make a new top box for it, as the one it came with was an insult to engineering, a drunken monkey could have done better!

The AVR replaces the old bridge rectifier which used to feed the field winding. I have ordered a new high quality bridge rectifier and heat sink. This will be coupled to the two loose black wires in the photo. in the event of an AVR failure (usually due to magnetic storms) I will be able to quickly connect the field winding (red/brown wires) to the rectifier and be back in business, albeit a temporary fix. If you are in any doubt about these generator heads and the addition of an AVR please check out Benny loves diesels on you tube. (I`m not Benny, so no self promotion here).

I have kept the 32 amp circuit breaker but discarded everything else, as I plan to put a distribution board on the wall above the generator. This will have volt, amp, hertz and mega watt hour meters.

Sorry this is all taking me so long but health issues keep me from doing much. I will keep my eyes and ears open for something that may be suitable for you, is Grafton too far south of the boarder for you?

Bob.

old seagull man:
No was all set to go and have had no contact from him.
He was coming up my way with his truck, that was wonderful of him, and we were going to meet and collect, it.
then nothing.
Sent him a few email, even inquired about the 10k he had, but no reply's. I hope he's OK.

So still looking.

Yours is looking very flash, Bob. And no Grafton is not to far. Im shore if we looked in Glort's Aladdin's cave we would find something.

ajaffa1:
Don`t give up on Stephen, I know he has had a battle with health problems, I`m hoping he`s OK as he is a very nice, honest and knowledgeable guy.

OSM, be careful what you wish for, releasing the Glort Genie could have serious repercussions!  :laugh:

Bob.

ajaffa1:
Hi OSM, Able sell a very nice 8KVA  generator head. They have a depot in Brisbane, trouble is it will cost you $1290!  :'(

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version