Puppeteer

Author Topic: Haloween. WTF??  (Read 3177 times)

guest22972

Haloween. WTF??
« on: October 31, 2018, 01:06:02 AM »

Mrs is going out with the girls tonight and won't be home till late.  Looks like it's Fish and chips for Dinner!   Fish shop down the road is great but she won't let me have it too often.

She tells me it's  Haloween.  Yeah, not even sure what that is?  She tells me little children may come to the door dressed up in fantasy costumes asking if I want them to turn tricks or I should give them lollies she has put in a bowl I'm not allowed to eat.  She said be nice to them and not your grumpy self.

What in the hell???  :o

I have NO interest in little kids, don't even really like the snot nosed whiney little buggers especially when there is always one screaming their head off in the shopping centre or at any restaurant I go to.

I know there are a lot of weidos out there and the cops have to catch them but I think this is taking sting operations a bit too far and reaks of entrapment for unsuspecting twits like me who never had a clue about this. In any case, WTF would I want to give them Chocolates and attract them round the place like Seagulls? No thanks!  They can bugger off back to their own homes and annoy the guts out of their own parents.

I'm also now thinking the Mrs wants me out the way seeing SHE bought the chocolates and told me to give them to the small children. Yeah, that would sound legit when the cops arrested me wouldn't it?  " My wife bought the chocolates, went out tonight and told me to give them to any little Kids that came to the door"  Yeah sure Mate, you are going to have at least 10-12 years to be telling that story!

Even I know that's what the low lifes do and has to be illegal right there and could get a person locked up. If she starts talking about us buying a White van and me parking it near schools, I'm out of here! She definitely wants me out the way!!

Maybe she has finally found a decent bloke and has got tired of waiting for me to off myself and the only people she knows that could do the job for her are my mates... some, but maybe not all of whom may have reservations or tell me.
Maybe I better start buying her flowers?

Come to think of it, why is she going out with " The GIRLS" on a week night?  Why are little kids coming to my door at night and in the middle of the week? I smell more than Fish and Chips going on here! Clearly I have some serious marital problems I have overlooked!

Anyone comes knocking at my door tonight and there is no way in hell I'm answering it!!
Certainly won't be giving kids Chocolates at any time when I can sit here and eat them myself. That's another thing, She NEVER buys me any chocolates and when I come home with any myself, I get read the riot act. Any she buys she hides on the lowest shelf in the pantry where I have to get down on my hands and knees to find them. Now she is putting them out in a bowl right on the Coffee table.
I'm thick as 2 Planks but something's definitely not right here!

I know this thing comes from the US but I never realised there were so many weirdos out there praying on Children that they had to have a sting operation this big to catch them. Seems the local cops have taken the idea on here too. 

The motives are good but I sure question the way they are going about catching these low lifes using little kids as bait!!   :-\

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: Haloween. WTF??
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:41:30 PM »
Eat a candy now, and if it's doesn't make you high, give the rest away as a preventive measure to repel pranks.

But don't let the gobblins into the house !

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 03:40:12 PM »
here's a pic that illustrates it perfectly

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
Hi Guys, I think Glort raises a valid point about the fears that genuine, honest, heterosexual men now have about being left alone with kiddies or even heterosexual adult women. The problem is that the media have sensationalized these issues because it sells newspapers and fills their arse pockets. For every child or woman who has been abused there are tens of thousands who have not, yet every day I am bombarded with horrific stories of abuse and perversion.

You only need to go to your local school to see the consequences of this: 4 female teachers for every male teacher and that ratio is declining. No man in his right mind would want to become an educator when all the rules are stacked against him. It only takes one pissed off student to make an allegation and your career is over. Years of studying/training down the drain and you still have to pay off your student loans.

Please don`t miss understand me, anyone caught or found guilty of abusing children or women should have their b*lls cut off before being put against a wall and shot.

In most western democracies you are innocent until proven guilty, unless it involves children, women or terrorism. I worry about the survival of the male of our species, I think that modern technology will soon make us all redundant/superfluous. I guess that at my age impotence and sterility are the norm so I shouldn`t worry about it but I do.  :(

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 01:39:54 PM »
Glort, once again we agree on just about everything. It makes me very angry that we are now in the firing line of the #me too brigade. I am all for equal rights and all that but why does the woman always get the kids, the house, the savings and etc in a divorce, even when they were the guilty party?

I`ll stick with the wonderful wife I have and play with diesel engines till the day I die. I`m all done with pretty young ladies and have no interest in children until they are old enough to get a job and buy me a beer for pointing them in the right direction.

Last week we had the AGM for the Nymboida Camping and Canoe Center. I have been a member for the last five years and do voluntary work to try to keep the only local amenity/employer viable. I got Shanghaied by the other members and now find myself on the board of directors. Before you start to congratulate me I should point out that this is a not for profit organisation and all of the five directors are unpaid.

Before I am allowed to have any contact with the staff, visitors and etc.I have to undergo inductions and police security checks, all at my expense! Looks like being a volunteer in a job I didn`t want or ask for is going to cost me thousands of dollars. No wonder the world is going to hell, while kiddie fiddlers get a short spell in jail with 3 square meals a day!  >:(

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 03:17:05 PM »
I give the little fcukers sweets apples etc on halloween, they are future taxpayers I might live long enough to get a pension!

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 09:06:36 PM »
#me too

I remember when the now called hashtag (#) was called pound. Puts that phrase in a little different light.  :)

Figured this thread needed a poor attempt at humor.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
So over the extremes of the "me too" era.  Waiting for the pendulum to swing back just a bit - perhaps enough for some rationality to enter the conversation

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
Hey Glort, my Father in-Law has a great saying about pretty women: "It doesn`t matter how you workup an appetite as long as you eat at home."  :)

With regards to the Nymboida Camping and Canoe Center, I am now a fully inducted member of staff (unpaid).
They now have a ride on lawnmower that works and line trimmer they can use. Took me and an unskilled volunteer less than two hours to sort out the problems. Before they took all non-working machinery to the local small engine guy and paid him to fix it. Hoping I can save them some money. I have to be real careful about how much I do, if I do too much I will be really poorly tomorrow and unable to do what I need doing.

Having spent the morning at the canoe center I then went to a mates property, He has a John Brown/Case tractor that was hydro-locked despite there being no rain and there being a rain cowl on the exhaust pipe. I suspect some sort of deliberate sabotage. I spent four hours talking him through removing and cleaning the fuel injectors. We then spun up the engine and pumped what I believe to have been 5 liters of water out of the cylinders. Re-installed the injectors and bled the fuel lines and she fired up as sweet as.

Really angry that I can`t do this sort of work anymore, but very happy that I can supervise amateurs and still get a good result.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2018, 11:16:55 PM »
Hey Glort, sorry to hear you have hit one of your low points at just the time you need to be feeling your best. At least with what I used to do for a living, I can talk someone else through doing the physical work. I can`t see that working with photography, too much artistic talent involved. A photo taken by you would not be the same as one taken by someone else supervised by you. Try to stay positive and take things one day at a time, with a bit of luck you`ll feel better soon.

Thanks for your thoughts on the Canoe Center. The biggest problem we have is that we own all the buildings and infrastructure but the freehold on the park is owned by Essential Energy. We have been negotiating to take over the land but big corporations move at the pace of a striking sloth. Without the freehold it is impossible to raise capital from any of the banks, so we have to work within our cash flow. In the last 12 months revenue is up by 30% (a remarkable achievement for a bunch of volunteers). Sadly profitability on turn over is down. This is largely due to the increased wear and tare on infrastructure and the associated maintenance cost. I guess I am going to be kept busy trying to reduce those costs.

We are aware of the limitations of our website and are hoping to make some improvements. Other than canoeing, we offer quite a range of training courses mostly targeted at the Volunteer Rescue Association and State Emergency Services. We are always looking for ways to improve the services we offer but Rome was not built in a day. Thank God for the Grey Nomads that spend their retirement traveling and camping all over Australia, they keep the money rolling in.

Love your idea of wildlife photography courses. Nymboida is largely unspoiled and is one of the only places you can still see platypus in the wild.

We don`t get much choice about the environmental sensitivity. We are part of the water catchment area for Grafton so the Local Authorities monitor us 24/7.

Regarding the vandalism of my mates tractor, there`s no shortage of fruit loops living locally. They range from the alcoholic through mildly psychotic and heavily medicated to Doomsday Prepers with machine guns. It`s never dull in a small community.  :laugh:

Look after yourself,

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2018, 02:01:51 PM »
Hi Bob

Last time I heard the phrase ' Speed of a striking sloth' was forty odd years back, it was screamed at me down the length of the parade ground at Lympstone by a Corporal Drill Instructor called 'Bungy' Williams!

I'm still crap at marching...........

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
Home of the Royal Marines

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
Thanks Glort for all your good ideas & advice, I shall be raising them with the board of directors at the next meeting.
Sorry to hear your not going to be visiting this side of xmas. Hopefully I will have a better handle on things by the time you do visit.

Hey Stef, I was RAF. Drill instructors are sadistic bastards who love the sound of their own voices. We had one who, having exhausted all the swear words in the English language, could also swear in French!

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
RAF was my dream job!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »
Hi Johndoh, sorry if I stole your dream job from you. I had a lot of laughs and learned more than I would have at any university. I guess I got lucky because while we were always prepared for war, I was only involved in the Falklands war. The best thing about the RAF is that the officers get to do the fighting (flying airplanes), while the less well paid engineers and ground crew get to stay home in bomb proof bunkers.  :laugh:

Bob