Author Topic: Haloween. WTF??  (Read 490 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: Haloween. WTF??
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2018, 02:01:51 PM »
Hi Bob

Last time I heard the phrase ' Speed of a striking sloth' was forty odd years back, it was screamed at me down the length of the parade ground at Lympstone by a Corporal Drill Instructor called 'Bungy' Williams!

I'm still crap at marching...........

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
Home of the Royal Marines

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 10:02:19 PM »
Thanks Glort for all your good ideas & advice, I shall be raising them with the board of directors at the next meeting.
Sorry to hear your not going to be visiting this side of xmas. Hopefully I will have a better handle on things by the time you do visit.

Hey Stef, I was RAF. Drill instructors are sadistic bastards who love the sound of their own voices. We had one who, having exhausted all the swear words in the English language, could also swear in French!

Bob

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
RAF was my dream job!
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »
Hi Johndoh, sorry if I stole your dream job from you. I had a lot of laughs and learned more than I would have at any university. I guess I got lucky because while we were always prepared for war, I was only involved in the Falklands war. The best thing about the RAF is that the officers get to do the fighting (flying airplanes), while the less well paid engineers and ground crew get to stay home in bomb proof bunkers.  :laugh:

Bob