Author Topic: Any experience with Mini excavators?  (Read 307 times)

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: Any experience with Mini excavators?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2018, 03:59:56 AM »
It's way too cold here for straight vegetable oil in the winter.  Biodiesel is a noticeable improvement though I don't find even that exhaust something I can handle well.  Much like my disappointing experiment with burning hydrogen, I suspect a part of the problem with diesel exhaust is also the high temperature combustion gasses such as NOX created from air.  I ran my Listeroid on B99 for it's first few years of operation primarily for the delightful fuel handling (no problems there) but I can't get it anymore.

The tall stack does work quite well.  The Kubota engine mechanical noise is ferocious and requires earplugs plus shooting ear muffs or I'm a wreck the next day. 

Any time I can manage to do something myself, somehow, it goes in the win column. 

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 04:13:17 AM by BruceM »

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 05:38:04 AM »

Any time I can manage to do something myself, somehow, it goes in the win column.

I speak for myself and I'm sure others when I say I think you do a hell of a lot better than I would under the circumstances of what you have to cope with. Your solutions to so many problems are far and away beyond what most people would be able to do and your ability to overcome so many difficulties is a credit to you and wins you much admiration.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 06:42:10 AM »
Thanks, Glort.  I'm just too damned stubborn to lay about whining.