Puppeteer

Author Topic: More generator questions  (Read 4505 times)

guest23837

Re: More generator questions
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 11:54:48 PM »
Hi Glort Genny is in the shed so it not too annoying to me anyway. I called with a mate today and he has a Lister Petter AC1 or AD1 I'm not sure which for €100 it needs fettled but its electric start and it has a sludge pump attached. I have no clear idea what a sludge pump is for but I reckon the engine is worth a punt. The guy with the Robin is impossible to get a straight answer from.

guest23837

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 08:27:52 AM »
I think I will get the little LP engine I have had an AD1 before not on a generator it had been on a concrete poker, i think it was direct injection too. It has a bell housing on the flywheel side so it could possibly be connected to an alternator directly? There appears to be a market for pumps too so the engine might come for free with a little bit of reselling.

The guy with the Robin is really vague about whether it makes power or why its not running correctly on the new carburettor. It also appears that he has a few machines for sale so he's not a greenhorn. Still the desire to buy stuff I don't need to do a job I have got well covered (generate power) is strong. I'm turning into a sole version of the "not for sale" brothers, 2 local guys that buy stuff and just keep it.  The wife seems to approve too she would be pleased to have me spend the winter in the shed so she can watch crap TV!

guest23837

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2018, 04:01:17 PM »
There's a lot of soap operas on television here local, UK even Oz and US ones all dreadful. I like to watch history, CNN, old men in sheds etc but those type of programs are regarded as dull. Still regular cooked meals and a clean ironed shirt for church are good things to have!