Author Topic: field marshal with gas connection  (Read 415 times)

saba

• View Profile
Re: field marshal with gas connection
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2018, 02:14:10 AM »
Thanks for that I was just correcting my lazyness by posting the wiki of both.
Propane is a popular choice for barbecues and portable stoves because the low boiling point of −42 C (−44 F) makes it vaporize as soon as it is released from its pressurized container. Therefore, no carburetor or other vaporizing device is required; a simple metering nozzle suffices

butane
Boiling point   −1 to 1 C; 30 to 34 F; 272 to 274 K

Bernhard

glort

• View Profile
Re: field marshal with gas connection
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2018, 03:38:56 AM »

I'm narrow Minded thinking again.   :-[

All our LP gas is pure propane.  It would also be extremely unusual to have the bottle at freezing point unless you were pulling the gas off really fast.
By the same token, unless the bottle was at freezing, a butane / propane mix would both be boiling off at anything above that.
I tend to forget of the people that live in to me unimaginable frozen hells!   :-[

I wonder why they just don't use propane all round?  As far as I know they are both manufactured gasses as it were so I thought they could be derived from the same feed stock.

Still don't understand why the Butane makes a difference. As far as mixtures for combustion, they are both the same ratio. Otherwise you couldn't mix them because the jetting on your stove would be out like NG and LPG.

I'll stick to veg/ engine oil. The most easy to use, minimal processing, cheap, convenient energy dense alternative fuel out there.  :laugh: