Puppeteer

Author Topic: going prices on lister ST2 engine ???????  (Read 3500 times)

shawn burke

• View Profile
going prices on lister ST2 engine ???????
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
I have 4 lister ST2 counterclockwise rotation , 2 that run real good and 2 that will run but the injector bumps are gummed up but good oil presser  , unknown hours on them all , trying go get input on fair market value . any input would be greatly appreciated 

cobbadog

• View Profile
Re: going prices on lister ST2 engine ???????
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 06:32:33 AM »
G'Day Shawn,
Nice find and looks like an easy fix to them all. Not sure if another solenoid is easy to find for the one that is broken on the starter motor but well worth replacing as it would make it more desirable if you intend to sell it.
Pricing things can be a case of supply and demand. If there are a lot of people looking for one you can achieve a slightly better price. Do a search on the auction sites to see how many if any are up for grabs and how much. This can dictate selling price unless you ahve something in better shape or condition. You can do a test on each engine and make a list of repairs then cost those and then you can offer the same engine as is or repaired.
Just an idea!
Cheers John
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

Dan Heina

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:39:51 AM »
Hi Shawn  If you are going to sell these engines and have a price in mind I am interested.I need a parts engine. I have two  ST2's and need some various parts.Engine need not run or run good. Please advise.
Dan Heina at lanaheina@gmail.com     Thank You

shawn burke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »
I only have 1 good starter and have used it on all 4 engines for testing and have changed the oil and have had all 4 started 2 on diesel under their on systems and 2 using wd-40

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 01:01:18 AM »
Location is everything when looking for market value!
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 09:15:15 AM »
Hi Shawn, In Australia I picked up an ST2 Startomatic for under $1000. It cost me another $1000 to get it back into service. A good way to estimate the hours on an engine, without having to tear it down, is to have a look at the top of oil pump plunger, if it`s badly worn where the cam lobe hits it the engine has done a lot of hours.

Bob