Author Topic: aswamegh should I buy  (Read 1976 times)

saba

• View Profile
aswamegh should I buy
« on: October 05, 2018, 11:08:11 PM »
It's really amazing. For years there's nothing for sale... and then it rains. I was not looking for engines I have more then enough but I came across a listeroid 6-1 from 2010. it came from a tugboat they say. Asking price 300euro. It looks ok on the pictures except there's a hose from the crankcase breather to the intake manifold. And the starter handle is knackered.
The say they don't know it runs they just took it out of the tug.......allready gives you a feeling. They manage to lift 300kgs from a tug but don't manage to start it...

I am in doubt to make a rediculous offer but I have this gut feeling I am going to be stuck with it. Could be the first time in my lister history I made a few bucks on an engine or I need a new crankshaft ... or else and am stuck with another lump of steel.

Just to remind you, in theory I can have a 8 cilinder cs running, thats enough I suppose, with three of the cilinders being in very bad shape.

If I buy it is just to pass it on. If I can...
And for the coming time I don't really have time to work on engines.

Greetings Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
Re: aswamegh should I buy
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 12:23:09 AM »
Thanks glort for your reflection. The engine is wrongly advertized. Lets say a motorcycle in the bicycle section. It's for sale for over a week. And I was thinking about 100. And it's an half hour drive...
I'llgive it a few days...

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:38:39 PM »
Just for the info gor a reply fixed price, so I am good no more engines....for now.

Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 12:55:28 AM »
hey glort,

To be honoust I think 300E or 350 us dollar is not to much for a listeroid, if I visit i can judge if it is scrap or still has live. To be honoust I think it is hardly used.
There's a small company here that once ordered a bunch of these engines they still have a few new in box. This is one off them succesfully put on the market.
I have to much engines so I am not in need of other projects. Just if the oppertunity is there I cannot resist.
I'll wait and hope somebody else buys it....