Author Topic: chp video  (Read 2510 times)

saba

• View Profile
chp video
« on: October 06, 2018, 01:20:53 AM »

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: chp video
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 09:36:17 AM »
Hi Saba, very nice video, lots of very expensive plumbing on that. No explanation of what most of it does. More info please.

Bob

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »
Hello Bob, To be honoust I also don't know anything about it. Project is called Olm. In germany they were/are promoting combined heat and power from the goverment. So there's a lot of subsidies and garantied feed back prices. So that fuels inovation.
I just read a few days ago even if you have a system that did 50000+ hours you can get an overhaul and get subsidies like it was new.

But of course some home build system is not intitled for support thats why it looks so professional, it is. Think it has to pass some extensive testing to get an approval.
It just one video and a few pictures so most likely it didn't ad up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9E_SVAvgss
You must have seen this one Listeroid CHP european Style, for the cost of the plant you can heat your house for 5 years..

gr Bernhard

guest23837

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2018, 10:40:20 AM »
Hey Glort thats way more complicated then the control panel you suggested I make!

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 12:38:12 AM »
As i understood the video, it's a bunch of guys that are enthousiasts and more or less together they did this. Involved in shipbuilding industrial machinery, sometimes you have some wrongly ordered stuff or something falls of a lorry...
Thats just stuff but the amount of time....
I have been busy with automation off the 'plant' a disaster and a fight but I managed to get somewhere. So I have a small understanding how much time this consumes even if you are a pro in that feeld.

For people interested there is so much interesting stuff to improve your setup. I started with arduino, then esp8266 and now you have the pre desessor esp32. Superpower microcontroller and fairly easy to program.
Problem with me was I got cought up with tech progression, each time there was some new chip that was better.

But for people with an interest it's really easy to read a lot of temperatures and display them somewhere easy and cheap.
snip
The DS18B20 temperature sensor is a 1-wire digital temperature sensor. This means that you can read the temperature with a very simple circuit setup. It communicates on common bus, which means that you can connect several devices and read their values using just one digital pin of the Arduino.

snip

Magic and cheap.

Was also busy with electronic governer, put a substantial amount of neodium magnets on the flywheel with a hallsensor to get a read out witch had some data instead of a few spokes.

Ok enough

Gr Bernhard

dkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 12:48:33 AM »

My gosh that video's impressive even at low quality.
Those dudes must be data collecting hyper-geeks.
Looks like a lot of fun, but hope they didn't pay full price for some of those goodies.
I've been watching the development of the Banks Data Monster, zero affiliation.
It's primarily a monitor and data logger, I don't think there's provision for shut down.
Interesting tho, and a lot of inputs plus recording capability for under $400 I believe.
Geared toward automotive, but also discrete sensor capable.

https://shop.bankspower.com/c-69-products-idash-digital-monitor.html

Machinist, fabricator, designer, fixer