Author Topic: Finally, some use for excess solar power.  (Read 1307 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Finally, some use for excess solar power.
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 10:12:36 PM »
Hey Glort, what about a plasma/laser cutter or even a high pressure water cutter, CNC controlled. Would use a lot of power and you have three phase on site so you could continue operations on cloudy days. Got to be a demand for precision cut metal components.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2018, 04:03:41 AM »
Now who is a mind reader?

That had actually occurred Bob!
Trouble is the word precision is never applied to me or anything I do, ever.  i don't think I could get my head around learning it all now either.

Whatever I do has to be simple for me to get my peanut brain around it.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2018, 04:36:30 AM »
Hey Glort, the beauty of CNC is that you don`t have to be a precision engineer or computer programmer to operate it. The designs are emailed to you by an architect, designed or engineer you upload that spec to the CNC cutter and it does all the work. The only thing you need to do is put the correct material onto the cutting machine and tell the client to come and pick it up when it`s done. Most CNC cutters also have the ability to work out the most economical way of cutting sheet material thus reducing cost and scrap.

The brain power of some of the guys operating this sort of equipment is nothing to write home about, I suspect that after the first few weeks you would be bored stupid by it.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 04:48:56 AM »

I'll start looking the machines up!  :laugh: