Author Topic: Smoking/Ecigs (split from: Losing the will .....)  (Read 2440 times)

Willw

• View Profile
Re: Smoking/Ecigs (split from: Losing the will .....)
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2018, 04:28:58 PM »
Hi all, I'm late to the discussion but since I am newly suspected of having lymphoma I thought I would add my 2 cents as well.
After my brother died a few years ago following chemo and radiation due to stomach cancer I told myself if I ever faced cancer I would try a natural route. Not to bother you with too much detail of my medical history, I have been looking into Rick Simpson Oil on YouTube.
There are loads of testimonies of people healing themselves using this stuff from all sorts of cancer, usually they try it out of desperation after chemo and radiation have failed, they are pronounced stage 4 and sent home to die.
I sure do not intend to go the chemo and radiation route after what my brother went through, and as I told my pharmacist a couple of days ago, if cancer patients were convinced that eating dog poo would cure them, every dog on this island would have a group pf patients following it around. I think she finally got the picture of the level of desperation people feel when facing a gruesome death.
As for me, I will gladly choose Rick Simpson Oil every time over Chemo and dog poo:)
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

sirpedrosa

• Just one more day hoping to hear that sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2018, 04:49:13 PM »
Guys, guys... helloooooooooooooo

I'm relying on your knowledge... please come back to earth.

I got a Petter and the 12/2 to get straigth.

you know too much to walk with gerontine discussions. what you know is worthless. Of course all machines have an end, including ours. Are not interested in passing this knowledge on to the younger ones? (since Monday I'm fifty).

Now  I'm here "on the left side of the moon" and I can not get the knowledge - globally - because www allowed strangers to become known, and even in some cases friends.

Do not you consider the value to have an older engine than I am and to be trying to get it back to life?

I also take tablets for hypertension, + 3 herniated discs, and anything else I still do not know yet.

I still know very little of listers and Petters compared to you. I need your precious help.

I'll stop writing to not steal the poet's license to Glort.

Cheers
Pedrosa
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2018, 08:46:41 PM »
Guys, guys... helloooooooooooooo

I'm relying on your knowledge... please come back to earth.

I got a Petter and the 12/2 to get straigth.

you know too much to walk with gerontine discussions. what you know is worthless. Of course all machines have an end, including ours. Are not interested in passing this knowledge on to the younger ones? (since Monday I'm fifty).

Now  I'm here "on the left side of the moon" and I can not get the knowledge - globally - because www allowed strangers to become known, and even in some cases friends.

Do not you consider the value to have an older engine than I am and to be trying to get it back to life?

I also take tablets for hypertension, + 3 herniated discs, and anything else I still do not know yet.

I still know very little of listers and Petters compared to you. I need your precious help.

I'll stop writing to not steal the poet's license to Glort.

Cheers
Pedrosa

The manuals and information you are looking for are readily available you seem to want them for free thats very different from being unobtainable!
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2018, 11:02:22 PM »
Pedrosa, a lot of the people who can help you stop reading threads when they turn like thus one has,  which is most of them on here these days it seems. Only reason I am here is because I was curious why it got moved. If you care to start another thread asking for manuals I will be glad to tell you where to get them. That way maybe somebody in the future will benifit from thr information instead of it being given here among this crap.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2018, 11:43:11 PM »
Hi 38AC

Again you did not disappoint.

And again I repeat that I have had better expectations of the forum. If it does not serve to share information, then what will it serve?

And once again I have nothing to sell, neither manuals, and if I had it, it will already been in pdf to send the one that needed them.

I'll start that treath.

Kind regards
pedrosa

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 02:00:47 AM »

Pedrosa,

I have read your numerous requests for manuals and the numerous answers you have been given of where to find them.
You appeared to have an attitude of self entitlement in thinking they should be handed to you, but I put that down to perhaps a language cultural difference. Clearly it IS an ingrained attitude of entitlement.
Now you pretty much come out and berate people for not giving you what you want in the manner you demand it. 

It seems to escape you that peoples help here or any other site is VOLUNTARY. You get it great, you don't, well there is no obligation on anyones part.
Do what the rest of us have to do and figure it out for yourself it you can't or are not prepared to find the info you want. It's called learning.

People here are generous and it's clear you have got the help people can provide but you seem to fail to recognise we are not all experts with infinite knowledge of every old bit of iron built. We don't all have the same specific engine you have sitting in our shed nor the manual for it.
If someone had what you wanted, I'm sure they would have given it to you by now just to shut you up if nothing else.  Repeatedly harping about it and now outright complaining, is not going to help you one bit.

There are probably less than 20 regulars here and we don't know everything. We talk about all sorts of things because we have a common interest but as a hobby, don't get to play with it every day so being a small audience with limited use of the specific subject matter, we share other things as well.
I think it works pretty good, others clearly don't but the alternative as far as I can see would be to stay subject specific and have the place die through lack of any participation. Others here have built Friendships through discussions of things other than engines and sharing problems, concerns and experiences and I for one think that's a great thing in itself.

YOU were the one that went off on the potato tangent in a thread but then you complain about others making non specific Forum subject discussions.
Understand there isn't enough of us here to make more than a post or 2 a week just about liters and associated engines.  There are places that are bigger and do so perhaps they would better serve your demanding and self entitled needs.

You HAVE been told on more than one occasion where to find the manual you want but have failed for one reason or another to help yourself.
If you are not prepared to put in your own effort, please don't come here bitching because others won't hand you things you want on a silver platter.  Clearly it's because they don't have what you keep harping for, but numerous people have tried to help you none the less with what they can and respond to every post you make. 

If you are not satisfied with that and it disappoints you, then perhaps you should find another place to participate and find the help you want in the manner you repeatedly demand.

Sorry to put it bluntly but I have sat back and said nothing for a while but now you start outright bitching and putting guilt trips on people, time you got a wake up call given you can't seem to figure this out for yourself either. 

Willw

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2018, 02:48:48 AM »
Now see what you did  :police:
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2018, 06:22:14 AM »
Now see what you did  :police:

Yes. I set myself up for a through roasting for calling a spade a spade.  I'm sure there will be a few who will salivate at that opportunity.
Ah well.

I am sorry to hear of your health concerns Will.  Cancer is my biggest fear. Not just for myself but my family. My wifes parents both died from it and that concerns me greatly. I have been through too much already, I'd rater go through it 10 times over than see her have to suffer it.  Hopefully not something I have to worry about with my Daughter but one of my son's mates had it when he was 16 so its not age exclusive but ongoing years do not seem to help.

I have often thought that If I were to get it I wouldn't want to go through the treatment either.  I nursed my father in law through it. Just when we and the docs thought it was beat, it flared up and went nuts. He prognosis went from having a pin prick on an xray to gone 6 weeks later.  I saw the indignity he went through for a year and the end result made a mockery of it. He would have been better off had he gone when they first discovered it when he was in a coma.  Not nice to say but I loved him dearly and for him, it would have spared him more pain and suffering than anyone like him should have had to bear.

If and likley when I get told, because I fully expect the worst ending to my time as has been the rest of my lifes history, I won't be Fking round in pain indignity and being a burden to others.  I'll get my shit in order and make my own dignified exit so those of my loved ones can get on with their lives not have me around ruining years for nothing.  Probably be better off without me now so getting out the way with something like that would be the only decent thing I could do for them.

I hope the alternative treatment if you are unlucky enough to need it works for you. I fully believe the approved medical treatment and a cure for cancer could be withheld because there is more in treating things the " approved" way than an alternative or a cure.  The fact billions around the world have been spent for decades on a cure but they have neither found one nor said it is incurable and keep looking makes me highly suspect.
I also think there is every chance these alternatives could work.  It only takes something with a naturally occurring chemical that a pharmaceutical solution may contain to do the same job.... probably with less or no side effects.  No money for Big biz in something you can buy off the supermarket shelf  so finding that as a cure would be a counter productive measure for a LOT of financial interests.

I was told last year that one of my Daughters rabbits had an incurable condition and should be put down. A search on the net found one single lady saying this is what I have done and found good Success. I followed what she said despite being virtually lambasted by some I got supplies off but the off the wall treatment worked textbook to what this lady said.
I know a rabbit and people are a world apart but the point is that just because a lot of people are programmed to believe something won't work does not make that belief a fact.  Far as I could find there is one woman in the world professing this treatment against EVERYONE else yet in my experience, what she said was infallible.  My Bunny lived where everyone else, the vet especially, had him written off.

Something may not work for everyone but lets face it, when they say nothing more we can do, there is nothing to loose and the world to gain.
Given the horror of the approved treatment, I think you are bloody smart to try the alternative first which again, I certainly hope you do not need to.

Let us know how you go mate. Some of us are more concerned about people than staying on a topic of a place we met them virtually if not personally.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
Don't know about extracting the cash with a shotgun but you'd probably need one to get an Ocker to swallow anything decent like Guinness.....

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »

Now you pretty much come out and berate people for not giving you what you want in the manner you demand it. 

It seems to escape you that peoples help here or any other site is VOLUNTARY. You get it great, you don't, well there is no obligation on anyones part.
Do what the rest of us have to do and figure it out for yourself it you can't or are not prepared to find the info you want. It's called learning.

I apologize to everyone if I was misunderstood.

I do not want to force anyone to do anything. The notion I have of the forum is that anyone has more knowledge than I do.

I have no aspiration of arrogance at all.

Understand that the question of potatoes was to begin to adapt to the status quo of the forum, at least I wondered how to break the ice.

I wish a sunny Sunday for everyone.
Pedrosa

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
A forum is a means to exchange views and ideas and to discuss and debate issues relative to the members of that forum.  It's not a place where people go to simply answer questions or pass on literature it would be a very dull and short lived exercise if thats what it was. A lot of the time you dont need a manual for every job on a stationary they are basically the same so a Lister LD 1 manual will have enough information for you to work on an LD2 an SL1 or 2 etc. If you really need a manual "Internal Fire" has what you need for a small donation or become a supporter and download them all. There are also a few stationary engine sites that sell reprints of manuals for a small fee. To paraphrase Groucho Marx "i did answer your question i just didnt give you the answer you wanted"

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
Johndoh

Said that way I take my hat off...

BR
Pedrosa

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2018, 02:17:03 PM »
A lot of the time you dont need a manual for every job on a stationary they are basically the same so a Lister LD 1 manual will have enough information for you to work on an LD2 an SL1 or 2 etc.

I agree.
I was pulling lawn mower engines apart and rebuilding them before I was 12 Years old. Had to.  Lived with my grandmother and we did not have enough money to pay the repair place the money they quoted so it was work it out myself or cut the lawn with scissors. The parts we could afford so I pulled the thing apart, replaced what they told me I had to and put it back together. Worked fine for many years.
If a dumb kid can do it, an adult sure as hell ought to be able to with a simple engine.

Knowing the principal of operation and how the parts fit together on any engine which you pretty much need to know in any case, is more important than having a manual.

I'm certainly no mechanic but to me, the only thing you really need a manual for is knowing clearances and torque specs. Even then, I have put together a LOT of engines without knowing them as they are generally in the same sort of ball park and will run just fine " Close enough". In many cases, experienced people don't follow the numbers anyway having their own preferred settings. I know one engine I used to rebuild a lot of, I had my own numbers for bearing clearances and main cap torque, Head torque, rocker clearances,  Timing and points gap.
If I was rebuilding a Merlin, a Gnome or an Allison 250, I'd be using the specified settings without fail but for an old stationary engine..... Specs would have never been that consistent from the factory anyhow.

One would probably do better to pull an engine down taking lots of pictures as they went than relying on a manual which to many non engineers, can be very confusing in their exploded diagrams and drawings.
These days, taking pics on your phone and taking time as you go refitting something as soon as you take it off to teach yourself how it goes before you forget is far more educational than relying on a manual largely written for mechanics anyway.

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
Have to agree with Glort again (dammit) Most of those old engines were designed to be maintained by their owner an illiterate farmer/peasant/serf etc with few tools. They are well made and thats half the battle. You do get a feel for how tight a nut or bolt should be as a rule and tolerances aren't near as critical as what the purists tell you.

My first car was a Morris Oxford horrible car that required loads of things being done to it constantly. My second car was a Hillman Imp not a lot better but after 3 months of owning the imp I knew I could do a lot of my own maintenance and I still do. Cars have changed surprisingly little in real terms in the last 100 years especially the mechanical aspects. Diesel engines now have turbos inter-coolers common rails electronic injectors and ecu's  but its still a diesel engine.

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
Don't know about extracting the cash with a shotgun but you'd probably need one to get an Ocker to swallow anything decent like Guinness.....

Cheers
Stef

Stef, I had to look up Ocker thanks for the new word this forum is indeed educational! I drink bourbon myself!