Author Topic: Todays whinge rant.  (Read 3198 times)

guest22972

Todays whinge rant.
« on: September 24, 2018, 12:13:51 PM »

Late last year I sacked the twits/ Company looking after my Biocycle Septic system. Looked the thing up, had to fix it after the maintence guy screwed it and thought I can do a better job with this myself. I check it every week and up until I spent a couple of weeks away earlier in the month, thing was fine.

Mrs and Daughter come in tonight getting stuck into me because the thing stinks and is thick in the air on the back verandah. I couldn't smell anything out there today but my sense of smell is going the same way as my hearing and sight, downwards.  Took still complaining Mrs out, lifted the lid and did get a whiff although not as bad as the gasping flee for life she made back indoors.

Had a look, everything is working but it seems the wrong colour in the water.  Come in and tell mrs it must be that stuff she cleaned the shower with on the weekend that had the bathrooms smelling like Morgues after a busy day which I already spoke to her about.  Also pointed out something else I had seen with anti bacterial on it which she said only ever used once.  Wonder how the bottle got half empty? That lead to a lively " Discussion" with the usual denials and I was at fault again and we should get the guy back in because it didn't smell when they looked after it.  Didn't effing work after they had been here either on more than one occasion but anyway.

So I get on the WWW and look up the problem.  Hmm, 5 min and I knew it.  Effing cleaning agents.  The tell tale was there is no scum/ foam on the top of the primary chamber which I noticed but didn't put my finger on. Saw it wasn't right but didn't tweak why.  Anyway, site has a list of product not to use. Printed it off, went and informed the Females it WAS as I said, using cleaning agents I had warned  them not to use 20 times already.

Nope, they don't use anything they shouldn't. they are careful and only used a bit of the shower cleaner on the weekend and I was exaggerating.
I go to laundry Cupboard. Found half the products on the list. Pointed them out, nope don't use them.  Then why is this 2L Bottle empty and there are another 2 full ones behind it ready and waiting?  What else do you buy multiples of and stack in the cupboard we never use?
Oh, well we have to get the clothes clean somehow! Ah, so now the story changes. What a surprise!

Went under kitchen sink, Jackpot again. Oh, that that only gets sprayed on a cloth and wiped over.  Yeah, and what do you do with the cloth when it's dirty? Rinse it off in the sink??   ::) Where the fluck you think that ends up? Heres a hint, it's 3m directly that way and under the ground.

By this time the story has gone from complete denial to defense.  But there was something  lse on the list I remembered seeing and commenting on weeks ago.  Go into the bathroom and find the toilet cleaners. One a liquid you squirt around and the other those things that make the water blue.  Both clearly marked " Not safe for use in septic and biological systems."
Well Fk me!  ::)

They really hate it when I'm right.  Said at the start, it's the cleaners you are using but No, they don't use anything they shouldn't and are careful with what they use. It's something I have done to the Biocycle because I don't know what I am doing.... Pigs arse it is!
 Then the stuff I find is like they took the do not use list as a shopping list and got as much as they could on it.
Wrote down what Mrs needs to get NOW at the supermarket which is the pelleted bacteria to try and get the bugs happening again.

Of course I made the very subtle point that it wasn't what I was or wasn't doing at all and it would have happened the same if there bogwater bloke was still coming.  All they do is drop Chlorine tables in the thing and I made sure there are plenty there so......

Is it just me or do other blokes get this all the time as well?  You tell them something, it gets blatantly denied, you are made out to be wrong/ shitty/ biased/ a mongeral/ unreasonable and then the very thing you said all along, turns out to be proven beyond doubt... often when someone else tells them the same thing and it's like a life changing revelation. But they are then shitty at you for being right at which point you are just being a smart arse!

So now the Mrs wants to know how long before the thing is right again as she does not want the family over for Xmas sitting there smelling sewerage.
 I said well that depends how much of the stuff you NEVER use gets put down there.
 If there is none at all, Might come back in time for Xmas.
In actual fact with the bacteria should start coming good in a few days but no way in hell I'm telling them that!

I might mix up a hot brew of the bacteria with the horse manure I got the weekend which contains the same bacteria I want.  Keep that at 30oC and it should be Bio rocket fuel for septics.  Was going to have another go at a methane Digester so can kick start that too.
 Might try and keep some Bog soup going all the time and throw it in every week because I know damn well soon as it's right again they will be putting all the stuff down they are not suppose to. I could take it out the cupboard but I know they will just get more.

I make sure to wash my greasy hands outside so the mineral oils and filth along with the High caustic soap I make don't go in the system but seems I'm the only one that keeps things in mind.

Damned if they think you are wrong, twice as damned if you prove yourself right.   >:(

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
Re: Todays whinge rant.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:14:10 PM »
Hi Glort

It's almost impossible to follow you.

Very pragmatic, very learned. almost an encyclical. And long, very long, when we reach the end we can no longer see how it began.

So it's not easy to keep up ...

Cheers
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 02:14:31 PM »
Why not seperate the grey from the black water?  All black goes straight to tank, grey to french drain then into garden.  The garden doesn't mind those bad chemicals nearly as mauch as people make out.  After all, the best filters available are earthen.  Also puts less strain on the tank as less dilution taking place

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 07:10:35 PM »
Reads like a challenge to your leadershipness.  OK, the first three chapters read like a challenge.  The rest I can't testify to.

Sometimes there's no winning.  Not to be confused with whining.

We're on a cesspool.  Yup, a big hole in the lava.  I run a chemical police action every couple of months.  My counsels to run lots of water after using the death ray chemicals works almost as well as your rants.  "Casey, you're just not going to win this one."  glort, you're just not going to win this one.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 08:15:30 PM »
Just remove all the offending products from the house, diligently. 
It's bad for all your heath, not just the septic!  If you have had a chemical injury, overloading your detox systems with this sort of needless garbage is just plain stupid.

The typical US home is a toxic waste zone, needlessly. There are plenty of good products on the market today that work well and aren't toxic to you or the septic.  My trees live on laundry water, so I use Allen's Naturally Detergent...spendy but highly effective even in my hard water, without using baking soda or borax which is a no-no for trees. 

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2018, 12:37:46 AM »
Ah the joys of wives and cleaning products. Its just one thing that we will never be able to win with. Bit like, shoes, jewelry and pillows....
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 12:05:01 PM »
I`ve never quite understood the female mania for cleanliness. I`m not suggesting we should live like pigs but why does every surface have to be washed down with Detol or sprayed with Glen 20? 

I also live with a septic system and my Wife now knows not to dose toilets with cleaning products. Touch wood we haven`t had a problem, except with flood events which are out of our control.

I have a very nasty suspicion that all the allergies, food intolerances and etc that our young folks are suffering from, can be directly linked to poor immune systems caused by lack of dirt /bacteria in their developmental environment. This leaves them weak and could lead to a life time of health issues.

Get your kids outside, tell them to eat bugs and get dirty, much better to build up an immune system when young than to try and replace it with antibiotics later.

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2018, 03:02:35 PM »
Women think differently from men, that can be a problem. e.g. the wife buys really expensive and to me inefficient oven cleaning products. I have suggested a bowl of ammonia left in the oven overnight as i know this works and it costs €1.50 a pint. Of course this isn't acceptable because a. it stinks and b. its too cheap. The stuff we buy in the supermarket is 10% ammonia so to my mind it's 90% less effective and it's 7 times the price. At the end of the day a quiet life and some occasional rants about how oven cleaner isn't as good as you would think is a good compromise, (Im still right tho)!

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 04:05:11 PM »
The evidence is clear-  hospitals are breeding grounds for the worst of the bacteria, because they kill off the competing safer bacteria with toxic chemicals.  Soap and water is safer and better.  Bactericidal chemicals are toxic and are NOT helping.

The chemical soup brought into homes is making people chronically ill.  The US Environmental Medicine doc's have actually cured a hell of a lot of serious chronic illness by getting people to clean out their home and personal care products of toxins, and clean up their food and air. This crap is a much bigger burden on health than people think.  This is not medically popular because it's not a profitable procedure or a profitable pill, and it encourages patients to take charge of their own health. Of course, in the US, Enviromental Medicine was aggressively targeted by the Chemical Manufacturers Association (CMA).

Women are being propagandized by targeted, carefully crafted advertising into buying toxic crap. If men were the targets, it would be a different message, but most men would think those products were essential too. 

Bon Ami (soap and feldspar) works.  For the really nasty stuff, Barkeeper's friend (oxalic acid, pumice).

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2018, 08:52:10 PM »
Never heard of Bon Ami, but we got Vim, which was the Ajax competitor.  Grew up on the stuff (both brands) and used it to clean everything including my hands when they were full of grease from the bicycle chain.  Can't seem to find it anymore though.  I still have about 10g left from way back, in one of those cardboard canisters with the holes punched in the top.  Lifebouy soap was another good product.  Didn't smell nice though.

guest23837

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 08:56:38 PM »
The evidence is clear-  hospitals are breeding grounds for the worst of the bacteria, because they kill off the competing safer bacteria with toxic chemicals.  Soap and water is safer and better.  Bactericidal chemicals are toxic and are NOT helping.

The chemical soup brought into homes is making people chronically ill.  The US Environmental Medicine doc's have actually cured a hell of a lot of serious chronic illness by getting people to clean out their home and personal care products of toxins, and clean up their food and air. This crap is a much bigger burden on health than people think.  This is not medically popular because it's not a profitable procedure or a profitable pill, and it encourages patients to take charge of their own health. Of course, in the US, Enviromental Medicine was aggressively targeted by the Chemical Manufacturers Association (CMA).

Women are being propagandized by targeted, carefully crafted advertising into buying toxic crap. If men were the targets, it would be a different message, but most men would think those products were essential too. 

Bon Ami (soap and feldspar) works.  For the really nasty stuff, Barkeeper's friend (oxalic acid, pumice).

I agree with the comment about the hospitals but I'd like to add my 2 bobs worth. In this country years ago hospital wards had matrons people put on this earth to make you leave hospital as fast as possible once recovered. I spent nearly 3 weeks in hospital last year, I thought my race was run however in that time I never saw anyone with a mop and bucket. The cleaners sprayed some chemicals and rubbed the floors with a sponge. spills were seen to with paper towels. years ago everything was scrubbed with lye and bleach you must remember the smell in hospitals years ago? Of course the matrons are gone now replaced with pen pushing ward managers

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2018, 12:51:37 AM »
My Mother was a nurse back in the days when they had matrons in charge, fearsome women that marched about like a sergeant major. Even the doctors were terrified of them.

During my recent stay in Lismore hospital I managed to reduce the ward manager to tears, I would never have been able to do that to an old fashioned matron, doubt I would have had the courage to try.  :laugh:

Back on the subject of household cleaners/poisons: I am increasingly alarmed about the quantities of plastic micro beads in product like makeup, fabric and hair conditioners etc. This stuff does not break down in a septic tank and will persist in the environment. I wonder what breathing in plastic micro dust does for your lungs.

I predict a whole raft of new health conditions linked to this stuff.

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2018, 02:23:41 AM »
Hospitals are nuts with wall to wall carpets in rooms and halls, and central air systems.  Can't think of a better way to source and spread bacteria.  There is no such thing as a "clean" wall to wall carpet (just roll up a "clean" one), and the plasticizers in carpets are endocrine disrupters so it's all so anti-health as to insure lots and lots of repeat business. (No different from carpets in you home.) 

The wireless microwave levels in hospitals is also rising dramatically. This seems pretty nuts for a health care facility when there is already a growing population developing electrical sensitivity, which can be a seriously disabling condition (recognized now in 6 countries), but with zero treatment other than avoidance and zero government funded research. 

I had to stifle myself to keep the rant this short and relatively polite.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:55 AM »
Hi BruceM, please feel free to rant, if you feel inclined, I do and Glort is famous for it. I guess it`s what engineers do when they`re not getting their hands dirty. Please enlighten us about the dangers of carpets and microwave radiation in hospitals. Pretty sure everyone on the forum will spend time in hospital in the next ten years.

Bob

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2018, 12:59:20 PM »

I had to stifle myself to keep the rant this short and relatively polite.

That made me laugh ;D  Glort makes the rest of us seem to be the  masters of brevity.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel