Author Topic: Are there...  (Read 5017 times)

fraggie

• View Profile
Are there...
« on: September 18, 2018, 03:16:02 PM »
Any modified injectors available for lister/petter engines? I own a lister lt1
i found a german site that has vegetable oil injectors for vw and mercedes,
it made me wonder if there are any for single or 2 cilinder stationairy engines..
would make running a direct injection on WVO a lot easier..
website is http://www.monopoel.de/catalog/kca17s42-plus-dn0sd297-p-1120.html
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:25:25 PM by fraggie »

old seagull man

• View Profile
Re: Are there...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 07:14:46 AM »
Mr Glort :Sir.

Would you consider writing a short Primer, on the basic,s of using WVO, and other waist Oils , WMO perhaps, if this is in your area of expertise.?
 Me like many new to this board and the whole Lister, and Clone, world are over run with misinformation, and dis information. On this subject.
And a real guide to what can be done. as opposed to what "people" say can be done would help many.

If my zs195 cold run on wvo, or wmo, generating power for fun would at least be economically "free".

Andrew

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 08:51:51 AM »
+1
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 09:24:24 AM »
Hey Glort, make it as long winded and detailed as you like, there are still some of us that want to learn.  :)

Sadly not everything I want to know is on Google, the real knowledge and experience is stored in people heads, a great deal of it in the heads of people who are not good communicators. You may be the exception, please feel free to enlighten us.

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 10:18:52 AM »
Glort,

Start a whole new thread and we'll ask Ade nicely if it can go on the WOK.

Cheers
Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 11:44:54 AM »
Got to agree with Stef, bring it on!  :laugh: Maybe your next calling is to publish a book about how to avoid paying the government and big corporations for what you can have for nothing, should p1ss off those wealthy, entitled b*stards enormously.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 12:22:47 PM »
Just a thought Glort,( I`m a poet and I didn`t know it) my CS should be completed in about a month, the shed for it may take a little longer. It will be available for testing after that. If you would like to make recommendations, I am happy to implement them and post the results with pics.

Bob

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
My ZS 195 is running and awaiting its generator. And i'd be willing to feed  it some fryer oil.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2018, 01:01:31 PM »
Good on you OSM, lets hope Glort comes through with the manual on how to do it. I`ve got to be a little diplomatic because I`m fairly sure he has my phone number and will call me to tell me what a nasty, manipulative C U Next Tuesday I am. That said we need his input and experience so bring it on!

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2018, 03:09:51 PM »
Put it all in!

There's bound to be lots of 'crossover' and it's all about 'dino' replacement.

It won't be like you're going 'off topic' 'cos the whole forum is one HUGE topic from members welfare to the higher end of diy electronics, in fact anything apart from religion, politics and out right piss taking seems to be fair game.

It's like meeting the lads down the pub for me, honest.

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2018, 12:00:12 AM »
Hey Glort, I agree with Stef, lets have it all. Before my car accident my fuel bill for the ute was about ten percent of my weekly income. If I ever get back to driving I will be buying an old robust diesel four wheel drive that can run WVO.

I haven`t got round to sourcing waste oil yet, it`s tricky when you don`t drive. I have a mate who collects it for his pottery kiln I`ll have to tap him up for advice.

If you are coming up our way please come and see us.

I`ve viewed your processing videos and am planning to do something very similar. I have a source for 45 gallon steel drums and will start looking for the pump, filters and valves.

Still got to build the engine shed. I`d like to have it close to the house so I can harvest the heat generated for hot water, probably have to use a heat exchanger  to avoid contamination. I am worried the vibration will shake the house and drive the missus mad.

I`m off to my mates house today, I have an appointment with his lathe. Got a lot of CS parts that need repair/modification. I`ll take some photos and post them latter. I doubt my photographic skills match yours so bear with me.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 09:23:42 AM »
Glad to here the novel is underway, there are a lot of us looking forward to it.

Behind my house I have two 25000 Ltr water tanks I am thinking of building the engine shed behind them. That should help to reduce the noise and vibration. If I am smart about it, it could also double up as glass house for my wife`s collection of succulents, with the engine providing warmth in winter. Situating the engine shed behind the water tanks has one other advantage, the hot water storage cylinder is only a couple of meters away.

I have no intentions to try and harvest the exhaust heat but I have considered using it to increase the temperature of the oil in the sump. This would help to evaporate off the water that condenses in the crankcase, especially during short runs.

Still got a way to go before first smoke. Cylinder head need rebuilding and I ordered the parts last night. I`m still in two minds about the worn cylinder, sleeve the old one or buy a replacement Indian one for $200. I emailed Stephen at Ozlisteroids to find out if one of the JKSON wet sleeved cylinders would fit an original Lister. I haven`t had a reply yet but think that a wet sleeve would make servicing and ring replacement etc easier.

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 07:27:19 PM »
I've recently read a couple articles where vegetable nutrition is shown to be reduced with increased CO2- faster growth.   I suspect the same basic situation is the cause of some poor results for some hydroponic vege minerals and vitamins.

It seems that plants that grow slower take up more minerals and are healthier for us.  Some hydroponic growers do take this into consideration and will back off on nutrients and water intentionally to raise plant Brix levels, which is easily measured.

In a sane world, this would be a focus of much and very well funded research.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2018, 08:27:08 PM »
Case in point:

Hydroponic tomatoes which are kinda red, vaguely tomato-ey and - much more important - consistent in flavour texture and availability all year round for the restaurant trade

But if you cut some slices of a fresh Beefsteak tomato grown in a sunny backyard in compost-rich soil it's kind of like an uber-tomato explosion, flavourwise

Tech is doing a wonderful job of "feeding the world" but it's doing nothing for flavour, nutrition or, probably, health.

Certainly, IMHO, the words "food" and "roundup-ready" shouldn't be used in the same sentence

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »
Not sure my Wife would be happy with me filling her green house with diesel/WVO fumes. I`m not sure how much soot a CS produces but it`s probably unhealthy. When I was working on computers in central London, we had a spate of processor failures. It was traced back to cooling fans failing because they were clogged up with black soot. The soot was coming from the bus station/depot across the street. Very glad I don`t work or live there anymore.

I only have to worry about heating for a couple of months a year, the rest of the year we are trying to keep cool. Wonder if anyone has ever built an air conditioner that runs by burning WVO?

Bob