Author Topic: 'shrooms  (Read 1798 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
'shrooms
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:45:52 PM »
Hi All
As Ed and Gary have the TS3 under control and SWMBO is away for a few days I thought I'd post up about tonight's supper.

It was an omelette, filled with chanterelle mushrooms, picked this morning whilst walking the dog in the woods, cooked in butter with a small clove of garlic and half a shallot, with the butt end of yesterdays loaf fried off in the remaining grease, washed down with a glass of cheap (ish) red wine. Honest, it was up there with a well balanced CS as far as self satisfaction goes.....

Whilst this post is fairly irrelevant on this forum, those who are not going 'WTF?' or simply ignoring it will know where I'm coming from.

Should I fail to post again, don't try this at home.........

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: 'shrooms
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 10:35:24 PM »
Hope you know what you are doing. Reminds me of when a disgruntled employee put magic mushrooms in the officers mess tea ern. The results were hilarious.

Have a safe trip,

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 11:30:32 PM »
Apparently magic mushrooms can have long lasting benefits for depression. If it weren't for my epilepsy I'd give them a go myself.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 09:40:58 AM »
Hi All
As Ed and Gary have the TS3 under control and SWMBO is away for a few days I thought I'd post up about tonight's supper.

It was an omelette, filled with chanterelle mushrooms, picked this morning whilst walking the dog in the woods, cooked in butter with a small clove of garlic and half a shallot, with the butt end of yesterdays loaf fried off in the remaining grease, washed down with a glass of cheap (ish) red wine. Honest, it was up there with a well balanced CS as far as self satisfaction goes.....

Whilst this post is fairly irrelevant on this forum, those who are not going 'WTF?' or simply ignoring it will know where I'm coming from.

Should I fail to post again, don't try this at home.........

Cheers
Stef

Stef, every now and then when I am "camping" in my half-built, self-built shed, I'll light the fire in the designrd-and-built-it-myself woodstove, sit around enjoying the warmth as I cook dinner on the stove, wash up the dishes in water heated by the wetback, listen to Herself splashing in the bath in an attempt to use the 140 litres of water the stove heats to boiling every evening, and shuffle off to bed to the sound of the firebox "muttering" quietly away to itself . . .

The satisfaction factor is immense