Puppeteer

Author Topic: Looks like i missed the boat on the chanhfa experence.  (Read 698 times)

old seagull man

• View Profile
Re: Looks like i missed the boat on the chanhfa experence.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 03:02:15 PM »
Yes the multimeter will be connected when the motor is up and running.
And we will see what it makes.

I'm guessing it the power for the head light, when its fitted.

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2018, 02:19:53 PM »
It Alive:

The ZS 195 ran today for the first time, and it all went very well. After we removed the sump and checked the bottom end, the rocker cover and checked the top. Boy do these things take some oil.
Bleed it all though to the injector.  And She started first go. 5 mins the first run, 10 the next and 15 the last. Radiator air was a little warm buy the last run.  SO im quite happy with the result.

Stuck the multimeter on the mysterious radiator fan generator leads. 9 to 15 volts ac, so i was right i think. Its the power for the head light. even though my engine is hand crank.

And just to make the day perfect i got a F&P washing machine for $20, i wonder what i can do with that.

We also found stuck under a cover a small gold card with the engine sereal number model and build date: 7/4/2016. that came as a surprise. So i have emailed the maker in china to see if i can get more information..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 03:00:07 PM by old seagull man »

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2018, 10:37:41 PM »
Congratulations OSM, almost a brand new engine. If you want to bed the rings in properly you need to find a suitable load.

I try to test my back up generator monthly, I usually hook up it to the hot water immersion heater (3 KVA) and let it run for an hour.

Bob

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2018, 03:20:41 PM »
Thanks Bob,

still waiting for the gen head. But now i know what to do when it arrives and is set up.

Andrew

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2018, 10:04:15 AM »
Hi OSM, did you get your hands on one of those non compliant ST heads? I shall be tearing down the one I bought and posting the results soon.

Bob

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2018, 01:03:23 PM »
Looking forward to that,  The gen head its in the works, most have already been scraped. So waiting to hear, should know something next week..
Hopefully  the news will be good and i will get to go for a 1000k drive. There my even be a set of meters of on of the 10ks.

So fingers crossed.