Slow Speed Diesel Engines > Changfa Engines

Looks like i missed the boat on the chanhfa experence.

(1/4) > >>

old seagull man:
Hi All, it looks like i missed the boat on the whole Changfa experience, by about 10 years or so. But it looking like i might get  a turn as well.
One of our customers has a shed full of things, you know those thinks that you can,t through out or will need for a job one day, when ever that comes.

And hidden in  it all is this

As best we can find out its a zs195 made by the Shifeng company, but like all these things no date on the engine plate, so expecting a serial number was a bit much.
All the tools are in there orange plastic box, with a set of rings and main bearings, and it looks like the engine has never been started.
No oil in the engine, inside if the fuel tank is dry, so it might be worth a go.

Any one had any experience with this make of engine?

Sorry don't seam to be able to make my picture of the engine show in the post, computers are not my thing, so have linked to a picture on there web site, only difference is this engine has a radiator, with a belt driven fan like the Japanese engines.

Sorry to be so long winded, have enjoyed reading about everyone else,s adventures, and thought i might join in.

Andrew AKA Old Seagull Man.
Started fixing British Seagulls in the 70's and am still doing it in my 70's

Ok the picture works when you post, told you i wasn't a computer person, have grandsons for that. LOL

38ac:
One issue you should expect to find on one of those that has set unused is stuck fuel pump, injector pintile, or both.  Not sure if it is the fuel they test with or the tolerances in the parts? but every one I have ever had has had one or both issues.

As usual it seems, the USA experience is different than other places. We had our share of pure junkers sold here, also top quality engines.  I currently have examples of both. I have no familiarity with that brand so nothing to say pro or con about it.

old seagull man:
Can anyone suggest a generator head, two bearing type, that i can get in Australia that would be suitable for the mighty ZS195.

Or will i have to hunt down an old Japanese generator from the 70,s or 80,s  and steal the belt driven head.

Andrew

BruceM:
In his other post he clarified 3-5KW.  The tough spot, a bit to small for a Stamford clone.

old seagull man:
could go up a bit but was working on the idea that a 10kw engine would drive a 6-7 kw alternator at full power, so a smaller one at say 1500 rpm would be a lot quieter, and less engine stress, so that's how i came up with the power figure.
All suggestions and education most very welcome. Just needed something for house back up power every now and then at the moment.
Or power for the dog house in the future.

Andrew.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version