Puppeteer

Author Topic: utterpower changfa cooling conversion plate specifics  (Read 601 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: utterpower changfa cooling conversion plate specifics
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 02:08:02 PM »
I have a couple spare LUC radiators but realy dont care to part with them. You must be looking at the new reproductions? Go here and place a classified ad,http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/  it's free. Last time I did I got a dozen responses. Lost of LUC hulks sitting around with engines removed to repower L tractors.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Boxelder

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2018, 02:17:35 AM »
Thanks for the link.  I'll go have a look-see.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 03:54:34 AM »
What did they use in the car?

If it ran 24hrs probably flat out, one would think it would be ok for your likely lighter and more intermittent use.

Certain irony in a diesel engine that was used to set an electric car record.  I have seen vids on that lemons race but never seen anything about this car.  Would be interesting to see how they did it although It sounds like it was just a generator powering an engine but interesting still.

When you say " Home Shop Gamer" is that just a term for Tinker'er or do you mean you want this for playing Videio games?

Boxelder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 07:11:52 PM »
Hey Glort - here's a link to videos of their setup.  Pretty great stuff.  The "sparkytest" ones are of the generator mounted in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgJvPe3nE0s&ab_channel=carolinahondas

And yeah, isn't it cheating to set a record for an electric car while using a diesel engine?  I'm sure they were within the rules, but sheesh.

"Home Gamer" is apparently equivalent to "Tinkerer" in this context.  I just use it to differentiate between someone trying to make money at it and someone like myself who never ever makes money at it.  In fact it's always the opposite!  But it's still cheaper than buying an airplane.  My wife has threatened to leave me if I ever make noises to that effect.