Author Topic: 6/1 and 3.5/1  (Read 1038 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: 6/1 and 3.5/1
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2018, 12:29:50 AM »

Wow!
In Brisbane too rather than the middle of the outback...which is where most were probably collected from.
I am so tempted but getting there and back to fetch  a couple ( wouldn't go all that way for one!) and restoring them... i'm up to my neck in " Projects" Now.
Why can't there be a nice running one round the corner from me?

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2018, 01:53:18 AM »
Petrie Qld I would guess is Rob at Oldtimer Engines?

FWIW just to put it into perspective, I checked out freight from NZ - US last week just out of curiosity and it's probably $NZ500-plus for an engine, sea freight.  I would think NZ-AUS would be cheaper but not necessarily lots cheaper?

"Buy local" might be the lesson

I wonder why Rob would be selling these - and, potentially so cheap

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2018, 08:59:39 AM »
Hi Guys, yes it`s Rob at Old Timer Engines. No idea why he is selling so many and it does say "starting at $200". He has been collecting for years and is also one of the only spares suppliers in Australia, perhaps he is selling engines knowing that buyers will then spend a sh1t load more money restoring them. Good luck to him.  :)

Wonder if he`s got a twin cylinder CS for sensible money, unlike this guy who must be smoking too much home grown: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/new-beith/miscellaneous-goods/lister-12-2-diesel-twin-cylinder-engine/1190994580

$5,500! must have gold plated pistons & platinum rings.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2018, 12:33:50 PM »

He also has a nice southern Cross engine.  Listed at about 3 times the usual going price as well.

Looked at his other ad's and I think he's on the wacky tabaccy  for sure.  Some people seem to think that the very fact they own it makes it worth more than all the rest out there.
Must be rock stars or royalty in their own minds.

I think My father has the right attitude, " It's worth nothing sitting on the shelf and the only thing I can pay the bills with is Money.  Better to get something for it than have it there gathering dust and going past it's use by date. "