Author Topic: Diesel Conversion Project.  (Read 1415 times)

glort

• View Profile
Diesel Conversion Project.
« on: July 22, 2018, 04:00:08 PM »

In a rare burst of Motivation, I picked up a new toy last week for a project I have become quite keen on. Everything I have in garden equipment is all petrol and nearly all Verticle shaft engines for which there is no Diesel Replacement.

I got myself a Honda F700 2 Wheel Tractor/ Tiller which will be perfect for setting up with one of the several China Diesels I have required and are sitting round the shed.

I wanted another tiller for the garden but after looking at YT vids of what this thing can actually do, I'm very keen on the thing as it will do far more than I thought around the place. As It does not have the rotavator attachment  and the hoes are just fitted to the Drive Axle, the other tiller I have will probably be better for that.  This one with a Ripper will be better for doing hard ground and tearing out tree roots which are everywhere here.

The one I picked up has an old Honda Sidevalve engine rated at 6.8 HP.  The Engine looks in pretty poor nick and does not have spark. After a bit of a washdown and removal of the original engine,  the rest of the thing which is built like a tank looks pretty good.

I was hoping I could do a straight swap with the China Diesel I bought the other day but of course that is wishful thinking. That said, it's not too bad either.  The Diesel is a little longer and wider than the Honda engine so I'll have to make up a new engine mounting plate to move the thing over a little to line up the drive belts and give it something to hang onto on the far end mounting holes.
Just last week I did some Dumpster Diving in a local engineering shops scrap bin and came up with the perfect Size Piece. All I have to do is drill the holes for the diesel and to mount it to the original Mounting holes on the Tractor.

The Diesel I got the other day surprisingly wouldn't take any of the pulleys I have.  Bit of research shows it's a 20mm Pulley Not the standard 3/4 - 19mm.  I'll either have to get a Pulley bored for it ( original 3" is a 22mm Bore) or I'll have to get one of the other Diesels I have out which do have 19mm shafts on the same engine and fit one of those.  I also have a 13 Hp Ruggerini which is a big engine I could fit but I think that's going to take a fair bit more engineering to fit that.  For the smaller engines, not sure if it's worth getting a Taper lock pulley or just a plain ally one will be fine.

After the Mounting plate and Pulley, all I should need is a longer belt and I'll be in business.

There are vids on YT showing these things Pulling single Moldboard  Ploughs as well as single tine Ripper type's.  They have also been fitted with Blades which I would also like to do as there is a LOT of garden I want to strip out and re plant.  I'm thinking to make a Narrow, 30 Cm  Dozer blade  for the thing and a wider one for pushing loose material around.  I have  piece of 1/4" plate  that is nicely sized that I will have to try and bend a curve in it.
I don't have any tools for this so I'm thinking strap the thing to the tree which has the right sort of diameter with a whole bunch of ractchet straps and try  tightening them down in succession till I get the curve I want and a bit more to allow for Flex.

Other thing may be to bend some of the thick flat stock I have and then tack or screw the sheet to that to curve it round.
The machine has a single 30mm receptacle  to take a bar for weights and implements. At the back is a Hitch type fitting where the Ripper Plough attaches.  I'll make a few things to go there, a straight plough Blade, A bigger ripper/ Knife and an offset Cutter for doing the garden edges.

The Diesels I have are 6Hp and have a little more torque than the original petrol engine. There are a few Vids on YT of these machines with Diesel Conversions as well as China petrol engines.  Thinking I might just order a 7 Hp petrol engine in case the diesel isn't a success for any reason as I'm keen to get to work with this thing. Come to think of it, I have a brand new 13 Hp petrol as well as a diesel up the back shed.

I'll post up some Pics tomorrow of the thing and progress so far. I left the camera in the garage and as we are advancing well toward the -4 C night predicted, I'm not going up there now for them!  :0)

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Re: Diesel Conversion Project.
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »
Go with the diesel !
It's worth the time to do a conversion. You can always switch back in a pinch.
As the world creators ... and fuel becomes scarce, you will be the only micro farm who has fuel (WVO).  ;D

... and we all know how diesel roto-tillers attract women !  :o

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:08:19 AM »
Nice tool Glort. Don`t go too big on the engine, diesels have a lot more grunt than petrol engines and you may end up getting through a lot of drive belts.
When I was a kid a neighbor had a similar tool made by Merry Tiller, it had an enormous range of attachments including a trailer with a bench seat. can`t wait to see what you come up with :laugh:

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 03:11:36 AM »
My oily proclivity of the last 16 years makes me rather partial to the compression ignition engine. Id like to convert all the garden equipment to diesels but most of it is verticle shaft and i cant find any 5/6 hp diesels to use.

Surprisingly bob,the rating of the low comp 6.8 hp Honda engine (6.0:1) and the 6 hp diesel are only 2 nm different.  I thought it would be more and was thinking of gearing the thing up slightly to take advantage of it. Think I  leave it the same

The drive belt is a B series so should be ok with the power transfer. I was going to put a doube belt but the geabox is a splined shaft and i can guess my chances of getting one of those in the right bore size.

Other thing i am working may come in handy for this.
I bought  one of those hydrulic engine cranes and am modifying that.  First thing iis decent size wheels. Got lsome good 6" swivels so o can roll the thing over the lawn. Next is to put another mast or place for one so i can have more reach and height. I am going to put a platform on the back so i can put a 44 on it as a counterbalance and fill that with water.

Jacking these things is primative so i have already started on making up a bracket to hang my electric winch so the lifting is push button. The scrap bin down the road has been most obliging in furnishing the thickwall sq tube for the build that will let me make the thing a lot stronger than it comes out the box.

Getting over lifting things like engines and equipment especially out the ute. Been spoiled at my fathers place with a forklift which just drives home the point.
Be great to be able to put the lister and the merc engines where i want them which will probably shortly be on their own transports.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:38:01 AM »
Hey Buddy, definitely looks like you have your Mojo back and working well. Surprised by the small difference between the Honda and the diesel, but Honda engines never fail to surprise me.

Remarkable what one person can move given a stable anchor point and a winch vertically or horizontally. I`ve moved 2 ton band saw wheels using nothing more than a hand winch and a pry bar.

I have a neighbor who has a diesel lawn mower.  I`ll ask him what make it is and let you know so you can look out for one.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 11:23:32 AM »

Didn't get anything done today on the tractor, whole day got taken up with the Mrs going off to have a good time and enjoy herself at the hospital.  Getting so a man can't even work on his tractor with out selfish interruption from people that want to galavanting about, living it up while poor old tractors sit there helpless.

Bloody hospital was supposed to ring when she was out. I had to ring them when I got worried. NOT a mistake they are likely to make again with her and I'm sure they will know who I am if I should have reason to ring again.  All is OK thankfully but tomorrow and the next day will probably be further interrupted with visiting and bringing her home.  I'll have to ask when they go in if they have a shipping service or something. Couldn't find anything about delivery on their website, they can't be very up with the times!

Anyway, a few pics of the new toy.

This was the setup with the old engine.  Couple of pulleys and an idler on an arm for the clutch.  thinking I'll have to get the pulley, measure out the distance round everything then get a belt.  Geez they aren't cheap no days either!

Engine removed, washed down, ready for it's transplant.  Unfortunately it won't quite pull that plough off to the right but I'll make something up for it.
I could maybe use a tine off that plough but being 108 years old, Don't fancy my chances of getting the bolts undone.

This is the bit of plate I want to try and bend using the tree behind for the dozer blade.  Can strengthen it up with some other flat stock I can put on it and make a linkage.  Might make up a blade for the bottom edge as well.

The other piece I'll make a double ended Knife/ Ripper out of.  Good thick stock and I can get out a burner and heat it up then bash an edge onto, sharpen and temper it.  I want to be able to cut through small roots with the thing as there are way too many shrubs and trees here..... at the moment.

Might also take the flared gaurds off, see if I can panel beat them a bit closer to their original shape and even squander my Daughters inheritance on a can of undercoat and some Gloss enamel.  Go nuts and do the wheels as well.
I notice the pic from Honda has the obligatory walking tractor single headlight on it. None of the other pics I have seen of these do but I'll  make it look the part in a modern way with an LED Lightbar I have.  Diesel Engine is electric start which I probably won't bother with but can still run the alternator output from the Reg to power the Light bar.

Damn sure I'll never be up before the sun using the thing but when the ploughin is all done, might be handy to have a good light to cook the BBQ by.
I'll have to pull the wheels off as I think they can be reversed and set wider. Give the thing better handling and grip in those High speed Corners. 

The next thing when it's up and running will be to do a decent trailer for the thing.
Something like this would be good I reckon!

;D

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 12:01:26 PM »

Hey Bob,

It's been a tough few weeks but ATM at least I'm able to get round and do a few things. I thought if I posted this up here maybe I'll feel a bit of pressure and commitment to get it finished at least.  I have been frustrated since we got here that i don't have the tools for the job I want to do with the garden and haven't been able to find the tractor i wanted.  I have realised that I should be able to do the majority of what I want with this thing as they seems to be deceivingly powerful.  What I can't do might be able to be done with just a weekends hire of a little 1.7 ton excavator.

We want to take out a lot of the shrubbery round here and plant some Box Hedge. There was a place up the road for sale some months back that had this and it was a great inspiration with giving us ideas for what we'd like to do here.  i'm sure the plants here were great once but they are now a bit over grown  and unkempt. I pulled a lot of flax out the other day with teh car and the amount of dead leaves and rubbish in it just made it a snake haven come summer.  Given the deadliest snake in the world is prolific round here and there were several sightings last summer as close as next door on both sides and up the back, getting rid of this stuff is going to be more than a visual appeal.   Half a mind just to set fire to it all to clear it out before I rip it up but I can imagine it would take about 10 Min before the firey's arrived and the irate neighbors would be here well before that. Can't say I would really blame them.

I have been trying to think of a way to build a monster shredder. There is going to be a LOT of material to get rid of and If I could come up with some great spinning blade contraption I could feed it into, that would be great.
Thinking of something like a Lawn mower on it's side with some sort of shoot to guide the material into . Other thing I had in mind was getting hold of a shaft and bearing I saw the other day at my mates place that had a large industrial fan on it.  Power that Up with an engine and weld a bunch of chains on the shaft to make like a flail shredder.  Wouldn't that send the safety sissys into orbit if I put that on YT!!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 12:16:21 PM »
Hey Glort, very glad to hear your wife went through surgery OK. :) As for shipping, I think she might be slightly miffed if you send a courier to collect her from hospital! That said, if she is in pain , an ambulance delivery service might be better than  a ride in the back of the ute. I`ve been in the back of enough ambulances recently to be able to speak for the comfort and service they provide. Thank God for the selfless individuals that give their time to our emergency services.
You could ship her to a quality hotel or spar and meet her there but I know from experience that when you are crook you just want to be at home with your loved ones and that includes you! :) Stop buggering about with engines and etc for a while, look after her, she is irreplaceable and needs you now more than you can imagine.

The Steel plate can probably be bent by cutting a couple of steel formers to the shape required and then tacking the plate to one edge. Use your oil burner to warm it up till it glows and then beat it around the former with a big hammer. Tack it as you go and you should end up with a blade to be proud of.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 12:50:18 PM »
Hey Buddy, my advice on a shredder is don`t buy one or build one unless you have the time to feed sh1t into it. When I bought my property most of was covered in lantana, so I spent the first six months felling it and feeding it into a shredder. Now I pile it up and let it rot, turns out to be great compost for the veggie garden.

Another suggestion is to have a chat with the council guys that keep the kerb sides clear, they have industrial shredders and an insatiable appetite for Bunderberg rum. One bottle should get all your waste mulched and in a nice pile awaiting use. Never underestimate the willingness of council employees to provide you with any service you require for a small donation to their alcohol dependency fund. :laugh:

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »

Don't worry Bob, al already have the Nurses uniform at the ready for when she comes home.
Knowing her, she WILL want me to stay up the shed and get annoyed if I fuss over her.  I can hear it now, " I'm not a cripple, I'm not dead, just leave me alone and don't treat me like i'm dying" .

We were sitting in the waiting room this morning and she's looking throuth the hospital magazine and says, " i'd like to go on a holiday." I point out she was the one that insisted I do the job in NZ later in the year so we could make that a holiday but she said I'd like to go here and pointed to a pic of Private huts sitting on top of the water in the maldives.

I promised I would take her there.

Just as soon as those Lotto numbers come up.
I reminded her of well heeled mate that went there last year for 5 days at $2500 per night and was far happier with the place they stopped at on the way back that cost $150 night. Me, for all that's wrong with it, I am happy and most comfortable and relaxed on the gold coast.

You really are a true Aussie Bob!
The things I have got with liquid Currency over the years.  Learned that from a very young age from a couple of uncles that were gangers on the local Council.  One of them got huge extentions done to his house with all materials provided by the council or their suppliers whom he used to be in charge of buying materials from. They were the good old days!

when I was young I started up a lawn mowing business. Uncle put me onto the guy who serviced all the equipment.  A slab got me a trailer full of Mowers, edger, really good brooms, rakes and shovels. All the mowers were in for repair and had been fixed but the guy wrote them off as U/S and they were replaced with new ones. all I had to do was sand off the council numbers and stickers!

I'm not sure what the council still does here. A lot of stuff now is done by contractors. Probably ex council workers!
I was thinking of buying a bunch of those cubic meter Bulka bags and putting stuff in them then finding some local dumpsters and making a deposit on the night they are collected.  That way the stuff goes and the bin is empty for the businesses in the morning.

What I might look at is Booking one of our annual council free cleanups and then offering the guys a slab to load ALL the bags I have in not just the 3 allowed.  I could have a fair few bags though.

The Bulka bags are great for those collections. For years I have got them and loaded them up with everything I wanted to get rid of. Of couse most of that is on the long " we will not take" list which outdoes what they will allow you to get rid of.  Bit of legit suff on the bottom of the bag, all the contraband in the middle and top it off with the allowable.  3 nice neat bags out the front, guy don't give a rats what's in them.  They get a time allocation for each collection and instead of having to load all the crap by hand, they get to me, 2 blokes on each bag straight in the back of the compactor and they have 9 minutes up their sleeve to get ahead with or just shoot the breeze and have Smoko. 

The trouble with that idea and the composting one is ai have a lot of this Climbing rose crap. The stuff is like natural barbed wire. all weird angles, tough as steel and way too loose to rot. Also damned hard and more dangerous to stuff in a bag than using some dubious home made shredder. I can't even get it in a 44 to burn the crap too well.  Why the previous owner ever grew it I have no idea but then again, he let it go nuts and left it for me to clean the rotten stuff up.

At least all the other should pack in bags OK.

A shredder would at least be another way to put an engine to work..... which in turn would allow me to point out the necessity and practicality of buying more!   :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
Can you get (buy or rent) "walk behind brush mowers" there ?
https://www.drpower.com/power-equipment/field-brush-mowers/walk-behind/
They can chew up a 2 or 3 inch sapling, big tough hammer cutter on the end of a rotary blade
Like a chipper shredder on wheels

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2018, 11:33:46 PM »
Nurse Glort? God help your poor wife. Maybe you are right and you should stay in the shed. Please don`t wear the nurses uniform when doing the shopping, you`ll probably get arrested. :laugh:

Love the mobile shredder Mike, I`ve got to get me one of those.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2018, 12:47:49 AM »

I look a lot at those DR power equipment  Vids on YT. They have some great heavy duty Stuff.  I have shown them to my father then a few days later he's rung me telling me he has been talking to people all over in mower shops asking if they have different things he's seen and gets annoyed when they tell him no one makes them.  He tells them You don't know very much about your business then because I have seen the advertisements for them and they weren't done 10 years ago.

We were going to look at making up something like a mower with the front lip cut out and replace the blades with old saw Chain.  Too many rocks and things where he is for a straight blade. The other thing was to use steel cable but I think that's going to throw splinters as it wears.

For me the problem I have is a lot of the hard stuff to get rid of is cut but I spose I could just mow it over with one of these. I was thinking to get a trailer mounted tree Chipper as well and just feed it into that. that should eat it up like it's not there but it's the big opening I need to get the stuff in.
I might try taking the big stuff out and just lay it out up the back and go over it with the ride on.  Probably just tangle everything. It's foul rotten rubbish.

Years ago I started a lawn Mowing run. Used to get a lot of  " Clean up jobs" where the grass was 3 ft + High.  I built up some of the locally made 2 Stroke mower engines and had one going from 3.8 Hp up to just under 12. The things screamed. Thought long grass would never be a problem again but wasn't as clever as I thought.  When you pushed the mower over this real long stuff, it tended to lay down, the mower went over just mainly taking the top off and then stood up or just layed there much the same length.  What I should have down was cut the front lip out the mower so the blade was the first point of contact with the grass.

On the stuff that was up to a foot and thick, the thing was a weapon. Just ripped through it and was a great time saver.  A mate later got a mowing run and rang me one day and asked if I could bring the " terminator" out to a job he was doing. He and his offsider had been at it 2 hours and hadn't got far.
I had the whole thing done in under 30 min. Only problem was putting out the occasional fire from the literally flame Belching exhaust  but it sure got through it where the industrial  Honda's wouldn't.
He got me to build him one after that and put it to good use.

There was an old slasher mower in the mower shop scrap bin a few weeks ago that I was so tempted to bring home but there is nothing overgrown here ( other than the garden) to use it on and I'm going to keep it that way. 
I always wanted one of these slasher Mowers. They are about a 3ft Cut and are belt driven and geared down for more torque.  I never had one because they were expensive at the time even used because everyone wanted one and they did a great job. With one of my Hotted up engines on the thing, they would be unstoppable.

I'll drop in to the industrial place this afternoon on the way home from the hospital and order the pulley I need. See if they have the weirdo size for the Nut I need for the screw thread shaft engine or i'll have to get the 3/4" Pulley bored to 20MM for the other diesel with the normal Key shaft. Wonder If I could just drill it straight with a drill bit? Don't have a press unfortunately.  Once I get a bench built I think that will be one of the first additions.

I was looking at walking tractor Vids last night and I REALLY like the look and sound of the asian ones with the Horizontal Cylinder engines.  All I should really have to do is make up a mounting plate for the one I have  but they are pretty long so might overhang and upset the balance of the thing.
I'll take my 3 Phase generator apart this afternoon and do some measurements.
Doesn't matter what Diesel conversion I do as long as it IS Diesel.

Sure wish I could find some more of those horizontal Cylinder engines. I love the things!

Spoke to the Mrs This morning Bob, she has been up, had breakfast and the Doc has been round and is happy with her. Should be home tomorrow. I'm going in to see her shortly so I'll ask her if she will prefer me in the nurses or Chippendale outfit.  Pretty sure that will get me banished to the shed, maybe permanently but all good.

This hospital business does NOT agree with her. when she told me she would probably be home tomorrow, I said how glad I was to hear that and everything had gone well. I said it would be good if she could come home tomorrow because there was some washing to be done.
She was very rude to me and told me to stick the washing up my  ask your mother for sixpence! 

Don't know whats come over her!   :-[

Good point about going shopping in the Nurses Uniform.  I don't think it's so much wearing the nurses Uniform while shopping but WHERE i wear it shopping.
Out here I'd probably get bashed in the car park before I made it into the supermarket. If I wore it round the inner city Suburbs, I'd probably get people of indeterminable gender coming up propositioning me and giving me gifts and wads of cash to go home with them.

Definitely be prefer to be bashed by some normal guys standing up for decency and keeping perverts out of the area.
Least my fundamental orifice would not be in danger.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2018, 09:48:56 AM »
Well Glort, here I was thinking that your primary proclivity was for diesel engines running on waste vegetable oil. Turns out you`ve taken to hanging out in seedy places dressed in womens clothing, while your Wife is in hospital.( I`m a lumberjack and I`m OK) Why am I not surprised? While the cat`s away the mice will play. Shame on you, you`ve been a bar-bar sheep and you mutton do it again! (oops that`ll be the Welsh in me coming out)

Don`t understand how someone with such a fine sense of humor can have such problems with depression but then again I never expected it to happen to me either.

Very glad to hear your Wife has come through her hospital experience OK. I remember going to visit my 70 year old mother in law after she had cataract surgery, her husband asked her how she was feeling and she told him to F*ck off. The look on his face was priceless. Apparently it`s very common for people who have had anesthetic to behave in unusual ways. I`m sure she will be back to doing the washing before you know it, if not you should offer to do it once you have converted the washing machine to run on diesel. :laugh:

Looking forward to the progress reports on your new yard tamer.

Bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2018, 11:04:47 AM »

Don`t understand how someone with such a fine sense of humor can have such problems with depression but then again I never expected it to happen to me either.

My nephew was telling me the other day he and some mates were sitting round talking about the hardest core person they knew. He said it he told his mates about my life and they all agreed they knew no one that had been through what I had. I spose it all adds up and takes it's toll. My dentist reckons i'm one in a million with what he's put me through and I shrug it off. I tell him real pain is not physical.

Decided I'd just go to the shops in my regular persons clothes and got the milk and supplies and all was satisfyingly uneventful. 

Didn't get much done today, time I get to the hospital, stay with the mrs a few hours and come home the day is pretty much done.  She was really good, Better than I expected and is doing very well. Been out of bed and started Physio which doc's are very pleased with.  She's a tough old boiler my Mrs, has to be to put up with me all these years.  Could have married a decent fella but she picked me which don't say a lot about her smarts but lucky for me she wasn't too cleaver or I'd still be single.

Even though she is doing well SHE wants to stay an extra day to make sure she is well up to coming home and not take any chances.  Guess there won't be much tractor work this week.  Most inconvenient and I told her so today. She is Horribly unsympathetic to my desperate and lonely plight  at home having to fend for myself and what I'm going through!  >:(  I got to say, the peace and quite is nice. She's probably thinking the exact same thing!

I tried to bend the plate for the dozer blade around the tree late this afternoon but straight off ran into a problem. Tree isn't as straight as it looks and was curving the plate length ways as it pulled in the longer angle first.  I could see straight off that was going to actually put a strength fold line in it so I abandoned that idea.  Went looking for a big bit of pipe I knew I didn't have or a substitute.  Found one in the form of a 45 Kg gas bottle.  For the American's watching, a 45 Kg gas bottle is in your antiquated measurements is equal to  ... ahhh, 45 Kg!   :laugh:

Got a bunch of ratchet straps and put them round progressively tightening back and forth.  Got the thing to nearly perfectly wrap the gas bottle.  less than 2.5 Cm  raised at the ends.  I'm sure there will be an amount of spring back  but now I have the thing basically curved I can take the bottle out, pull it down with the straps again and maybe tack the ends onto some bar and maybe put some box ends on the thing to hold it in shape or fold it a bit and put the linkages and reo on it. I left it torqued up on the straps tonight in the hope maybe having it under tension a while will help it hold the shape and pounded on it a bit with a heavy hammer to try and help shape it as well. I didn't notice much change in the strap tension but then again, 90% of it is flush against the gas bottle.

I didn't order the other pulley, I want to wait and mock up the horizontal Diesel first.  If I can make that fit, that's the ideal engine for the job.  I can always take it off again once all the real work is done and put one of the other engines on for lighter work after that. I'll try and take some more pics with the different engines tomorrow when I come home.

I like the converted washing machine idea a LOT Bob. Seen Vids of those old Matags that had the little 2 stroke engines on them.
I used to get called  Tim the tool man all the time with friends because I was always hotting things up.  Even did the Mrs Dustbuster with a model plane battery pack.  That thing would suck the carpet clean off the floor!
I could do a diesel washing machine that spun the clothes so fast they would be dry enough to put away straight off.  If they were still a little damp, I could just keep spinning them with the Exhaust ducted into the machine bowl to provide heat for Drying. 
That could really catch on I reckon. Who wouldn't want their clothes to have the smell of warm Doughnuts from the veg oil as fuel??

Lot of market Potential there....  Could have different fuels for Different aroma's.  Use lard for that meaty smell for Butchers and Chefs. Kiwis would no doubt trip over themselves to be reminded of their best Friends by using mutton fat.  Oil from Chinese restaurants  for those that like the smell of fried rice or want to tell their friends they just got back from a holiday in the Mysterious Orient.  The Chinese oil Could also be popular with medical professionals treating people with anorexia and bulimia. They could have a meal and an hour later they would be hungry again. They would put on weight in no time.  Run the washer on Jet -A1 for the aircraft smell, sure to be a hit with pilots and ground crew that are wanting to impress even when they don't have their uniform on and want to pick up women.  And.... Could use good old diesel for truck drivers .  The list goes on... Rose oil for florists and women in general, Coconut oil for people in the fruit and veg industry or those that also wanted to go to the solarium but tell all their friends they had been on a tropical holiday.  Corn oil for farmers and engine oil for mechanics.

What Fair Dinkum Aussie wouldn't want to smell like gum trees from Eucalyptus oil?  Be big in winter for those with colds as well!
Baby oil would be popular with mothers who want to give their young ones that that " Fresh out the womb" aroma and hide the stench when their Nappie needed Changing.

To show what a progressive and " Inclusive " thinking guy I am, will even be able to offer Tranny fluid from cars as fuel for those weird inner city types of questionable gender we were talking about earlier.

I'm going to be rich!   :laugh: