Puppeteer

Author Topic: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat  (Read 1031 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
Hey Glort, the pulley is a John Deere part and was surplus stock someone was clearing out.  Think I paid $30?  Just a lucky find.  It's about the right size to run the CS about 470 RPM and that was the attraction - I'd like to play with one running slowly.  Otherwise mirco-vee pulleys are expensive here too.

The belt will be about $120/130 I think

Maybe you should consider having a look on our TradeMe sometime to see what's there and what it costs?

Cheers

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 01:39:24 AM »

I run a Micro V off a Commodore on my Roid. It goes around the flywheel, over an alternator Pulley, under a tensioner and back over a 2nd Alt before going back to the flywheel.

I liberated a few off cars left outside a wrecking yard when they couldn't sell me any because they said they threw them away and didn't keep them. You may be able to get them from a wreckers much cheaper than buying them or even try mechanics. If you offered them $10 for them I'm sure they would keep some for you they changed.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:54 AM »
Yep.  When the Americans were still importing and running 'roids in the pre-EPA days I think there were a couple of specific maybe GM or Chev drive belts people used to use - common, cheap ones.  I had planned to talk to my neighbour down the road from work, the Toyota wrecker and see.  Cheers

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
Hi Mike, you can download the manual here for nothing http://www.hardydiesel.com/generator-ends/dl/markon-generator-manual.pdf

The excitation field is controlled by a condenser which can fail, replacements are available on fleabay. You may need to flash the generator if it`s been sat for a long time. Instructions are given in the manual.

Wish I could find me one of those.

Bob

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »
G'day Bob

I had googled all around trying to find a manual/PDF?something for that unit

The Hardydiesel link you sent me keeps coming up, but the units covered in there have very different names & I didn't know how to make a call on whether or not the had similar gubbins inside.  It covers

BL, NL, SL, TL, CL

BL105 Generator
NL105 Generator
SL105 Generator
TL105 Generator
CL105 Generator

Does your experience suggest some of these are enough "the same" for the detail in the PDF to be applicable?

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me; and apologies for "dumb questions"

If I see another I will advise you.  i don't think sea freight is that expensive?  I imported an ST-clone head from China a couple years back and both freight & customs were reasonable and do-able as long as you were patient

Cheers

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:57 AM »
Hi again Bob

Further to the above, and having sat down and printed off (old school) and read that manual - the BL 105 info seems to apply

What a wonderfully simple device it seems to be

Cheers

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2018, 01:21:36 AM »
I got the engine home, it runs and produces power. Only there was very little oil inside less then a litre. And according to the dipstick there should be 3.5 litres.
When I drained the sump I had a oh no moment but I remember my lister cs som there was nothing left that looked like liquid and the bearings were still ok.

Apparently the guy bought it at some auction years ago was like a genny on a building site. Some construction company went bust.

I runs promissing even without oil. I'll give it another go tomorrow with a fresh load of oil and see what happens, might even post a youtube link.
Believe if it works out I will leave the set as one piece. This looks like one quality diesel. Sounds really healthy. And everything you open our touch quality...

Guy was a nice bloke just pensioned his passion was pinball machines and he had some collection. Apparantly there expensive if you have the wright one in nice condition.
Thats the nice thing of buying things of internet you meet the most interesting people.

If somebody has a manual or a link to a manual of a ts 105c ....

Greetings bernhard

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2018, 02:12:28 AM »

When I drained the sump I had a oh no moment but I remember my lister cs som there was nothing left that looked like liquid and the bearings were still ok.

If the oil was filth, I'd Give the engine a flush out with petrol, Diesel or better still, Naptha.
Fill the thing right up and wind it over without starting a bit to flush everything. It would be good to let it sit over night as well.
give it a rinse out, Put on a new filter if it has one and refill with oil.
I would wind it up again a good amount to make sure you have oil pressure.  Winding it on the solvent may cause the oil to take a bit to prime up again. I'm pretty sure on those there is an oil like going to the top of the head so If you crack that to make sure you have oil pressure you'll be fine.

If you put clean oil in a dirty engine you'll soon have dirty oil again so I always like to flush engines that are a bit suspect.  If nothing else helps to free any particles trapped in sludge that may come loose when the engine is working and heats up.  You'll be amazed at the yecch you can get out of some that haven't had regular Changes.

Thats the nice thing of buying things of internet you meet the most interesting people.

I have met some very interesting people myself. Been in some fantastic houses picking stuff up as well. Remember buying a camera lens many years ago  and I took my kids with me whom were home a bit sick.  Went to this place on the harbour. I think the fring fence and gates were worth about 75% what my place was. Went up this driveway to a mansion that looked like something out of lifestyles of the rich and Famous.  There was a view Right down the harbour.  Place must have been worth $5-10M then.

Old fella was selling the lens and when he saw the kids in the car he got them out, called to the mrs and they made a heck of a fuss of them. They had this huge room for their grandkids downstairs and my kids had a ball.  I was a bit wary at first, all seemed a bit too over the top but they were just Nice old folks that had done well in life and didn't see their grandkids enough.  They both told me several times they wanted their daughter to live with them in the guest house further down that looked like a smaller mansion but they preferred living in the country.

I volunteered our family to come live with them! What a place.

Find a lot of regular interesting people as well as well as some that are a bit odd. I find many people somewhat short and passive aggressive on the phone but nice as pie when you get there.

I'm also finding people whom are wary then relieved from selling stuff online. Couple I picked some panels off a while back were laughing with my wife and I at how nice it was to do a simple transaction with people that were easy to deal with and not weird.  Our mutual experiences had left a lot to be desired in the past with Gumtree and ebay transactions and it was nice for them to get someone to turn up when they said with the right money not feigning that was all they had after the agreement was made ( had that before!) and nice for me to find someone that responded to messages and the thing they were selling matched the description.  Couple were also adamant about helping us load stuff up.

That's one thing I really find annoying, People you buy stuff from that stand back and watch you bust a gut on your own or seem to get annoyed when you ask for a hand as you break your back.  Must be common though. We have had furniture and appliances delivered over the last few months and the guys always seem more than a bit surprised and very appreciative when I an there giving them a hand to unload.  Would seem rude to me to just stand there and treat them like the hired help and I'm lord muck.
Also seem not to get offered a Coffee, tea or Cold drink too often as well.

Just common Courtesy to me. Maybe not as Common as I would assume.

Other thing I come across is a lot of dreamers.  Price something 5X what it's worth and then get abusive when you offer them a realistic price.  You had the damn thing for sale for 3 Months, you can't figure out that it's you not everyone else thats unrealistic??
A favourite is idiots that put " Need it gone Now" on their ads and then have the thing priced to kill like they are prepared to wait 20 years till it gets antique value to justify the price. I find the need it gone now thing somewhat insulting anyway. Who cares what you need? Not like I'm under any obligation to do what suits you!

Had a couple lately that have been much more realistic. Send them a message saying I think you have over valued your item a fair bit but if you don't get what you want and would like to make space  in a few weeks, let me know and we'll see what we can work out.  Couple lately have got straight back to me and said they had no idea what it was worth, what was I prepared to offer? I have given them a number and they get back saying when would you like to come get it?

Got a couple of thing to go pick up tomorrow I picked up like that.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 02:24:06 AM »
Ha!

Just checked my Gumtree messages. Case in point:

Hi Joe,
I think your price is a little high given the engine is old, not working and I'll probably be up for a new one.  That's OK as long as the rest works properly.
Would you be prepared to take $50 for it? I can pick it up tomorrow or Thursday if you want it out the way or if you want to wait a week or 3 to see if you can get your asking price,  I'll take it for that if you can't.

Thanks.

Hi,

That's Ok mate, come and get it. Let me know when you want to come past and I'll make sure I'm home.

Thanks,

Joe

This is for a Rotary tiller.  I'll go get the Diesel engine I won which should fit right on this and then get the tiller on the way back.
Should be a cheap machine. I might be up for another pulley but that's $30 at worst.  I think I know whats wrong with the Honda engine on the thing anyway so I might get a motor out of it I can sell as well.

Only problem now is I'll have 2 Tillers. I really like the other one despite the Briggs engine on it.  It had a real story to it I'll never forget nor the little old lady I bought it from.  I think the other is bigger and if I can finally get some of my yard equipment with a Diesel on it I'll be real happy.