Author Topic: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat  (Read 1032 times)

saba

• View Profile
Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:45:10 AM »
Maybe not the wright place for the topic but I thought changfa is the yanmar clone....
This Guy has a Yanmar set for sale with a 5 kw generator for 350E thats pfff 400 dollar us. I looked into it engine type is from the 70's so the set most likely is aswell. I am in it for the generator.
I want to couple it to a lister cs or va. And it's an hour drive.
Is a yanmar ts105c of some value after this time and how about a 40 year old generator it still can take some load. I don't have a megger tester at home but how does a generator behaves after so much time.

Wonder about your opinions.

Greetings Bernhard

glort

• View Profile
Re: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 03:55:55 AM »

That's a bargain and a half!
I wouldn't care if it were a 3 hr drive, If it works I'd be grabbing the thing fast as I could.
You could probably sell the motor on it's own for the price of he whole set.  The generator should not have much wrong with it.  Have you even asked the seller if it's a runner and generating power yet?

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
Yep.  This little fellow in the pic I paid $290 for to get the Markon head and later sold the Briggs and Stratton motor for $280 . . .

You might even make a profit on it lol

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »
Yep, if it`s a Markon head made by Stamford it`s pretty nice tool. I serviced a 20 year old petrol generator with the same head today, probably good for another ten years. Used to find them in a lot of building site generators, sadly Stamford stopped making them, probably lasted too long so bad for business.

Bob

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »
Thanks guys I am confinced in the advert it says it's a runner. Just need to persuade the misses into agreeing.
I'll put some energy into it.

Bernhard

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
Its a lot easier to ask for forgivness after purchase than permission before I have found

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
I think I woke up some foxes on the forum, the guy was contacted by english speaking guys, anyway I bought it. I will show you guys later.
Bernhard

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 02:26:04 PM »
Thanks guys I am confinced in the advert it says it's a runner.

A running engine/ 5 Kw genny for $400 and you are conflicted??
About what? The fastest route to take to get to the thing?
I'd already have the thing in my shed by now!!

Just need to persuade the misses into agreeing.
I'll put some energy into it.

Errr, you sure you actually want the thing??
Persuade the Mrs?  Don't mean to be rude but how old are you?  If it was $4000 I could understand you would want to talk it over with her but $400??
Seriously?  Far out. I literally just tell my Mrs to get me a grand out the bank on her lunch hour because there is something I want.  She comes home with the cash and says what you want to get?  If it's an engine I tell her. I tell her whatever it is.  Don't need permission for little things like that!

I literally just told her minutes ago as she came in to say good night I put in a bid on a tractor for $6K . She said when will you know if you got it? Will I have to get cash or just transfer the money?

The Mrs and I must have a strange relationship.  No secrets, none of this privacy BS  everyone wants to go on with, no separate bank accounts. We live like a married couple who have equal rights and what is mine is hers and vice versa.

I ripped the phone company a new one again on Thursday for their " Privacy" crap.  Mrs wanted to find out something about our account and they said as it was in my name as the primary account holder ( tax reasons) and her name is second, they would need authorization from me.  I went off!  They rang me and told me she had asked them to ring and Did I give permission. I said you already have it! I made this Crystal clear when I opened the account. she has the same password as I do and she is listed as an equal account holder. What the fk you done with this information that you can't see that?

I told the guy, You make sure you are recording this, You put it in your files and whatever else you need to do,  she has complete and total control of whatever she wants to do. You make a note NEVER to give her or me any more grief.  They said we need your permission every time. I said then Cancel My fkcuing account if you are not going to serve my needs and follow my instructions. I'll find a company that are not going to annoy the ship out of me every time my Mrs wants to know something or pay a goddam bill. No good talking to me because I don't know and don't want to so cancel all our paid TV, mobile accounts and everything else right now and send me a confirmation email.

Next thing I get a supervisor back peddling at 100Mph hour telling me no need to cancel, they can put a note on the system, there will be no problem.... yada Yada.  I said put a note on your system that if any monkey there does bother me, that will be the end of all our accounts. I asked why the hell this wasn't already on their system when I made particular mention and confirmed it with the clown I spoke to when I opened the account not 1 year ago. How can they not see this information and why is there own accounting so useless?  No explanation.
Morons!

Like WTF are they worried about? Do they get a lot of people ringing to find the outstanding balance and pay other peoples accounts without their permission? WTF would you knock back their money or give them a hard time if they did?  Is unauthorized Bill paying a big problem somewhere? Do they have people complaining someone else paid their account and it wasn't them so they want their bill restored to the full amount due?  ::)

I need a new brick wall, The last one turned to dust from me banging my head on it so much with things like this.  :embarassed:

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
Not everyone has a huge amount of disposable cash, plenty of people live payday to payday they are a new subclass just below the working class they are called the working poor. They don't show up on any statistics  for getting welfare etc even though plenty of people are employed on zero hour contracts or supposedly self employed in the gig economy. This is certainly the case for many people in Ireland, people working long hours for low wages and a burst tyre can mean they don't eat or get behind in their fuel or rent payments. Imagine whats it like to work 40 hours a week maybe commuting a couple of hours each each way on top of that and 60% of what you earn goes on rent so you end up eating bread and jam all week and fcuking sausages for Sunday dinner. I know not everyone lives like that but enough people do in the 14th richest country on the planet to irritate me irritate being the mildest word I can think of.
End of rant!
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »
Hey guys don't worry about me and the misses, it did not take any effort to confince her. I just got "the" look.

It's just that I don't live on a farm with big barns and sheds an acres of land but I act like I do.  Just bought a 100m2 shed out of town to store my stuff.

It's a fact I have way to much stuff and I should loose some "weight". A good start is to skip the good oppertunities and don't buy more junk.

I'll stop buying stuff after this one.....

Bernhard

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 12:25:47 AM »
Not everyone has a huge amount of disposable cash, plenty of people live payday to payday they are a new subclass just below the working class they are called the working poor.

Pffft!
Nothing new about that class, I was in that boat 10-15 years ago.  I remember reading something about a sign of wealth ( relatively) being if you had jars of loose change sitting round.  There was no loose change in our hose, not a coin.   Knew the feeling of driving the kids to and from school as slowly as you could to try and save fuel too.  When I got into the veg oil thing and could run the car around for nothing, it was like winning the lottery. We could actually go non essential places without having to Budget for them and the fuel money it freed up took off a LOT of pressure for buying food and paying bills. Mrs has certainly never argued about anything I have wanted to spend on anything Veg oil related even when we were doing OK.

Yeah, I have been there. Had the mortgage over rent which was probably worse.
Thing is, anyone in that position isn't or should not be buying toys like engines.  I knew other people in the same boat as us but I had not one bit of sympathy for them.  Always had a packet of Smokes in their pockets and the money to go to the pub but then cried about having to economise on what they ate and struggling to pay bills.

I see and hear the same things now.  2weeks ago was at the soccer club and a young couple there were going on and on about how hard it was to find the money to bring up 2 young kids. They would have easily between the 2 of them, maybe each of them, spent $10K on tattoos!
That seems to be the new thing. The less money you have, the more you spend covering yourself in Ink. That's not at all cheap here.
Other give away was the guys V8 performance car.  Apart from fuel cost, the insurance would have been double a normal version of the same car.

Don't talk to me about having no money when you can cover your self in new tatts every month and run round in a car that would cost the same to run as 2 regular vehicles. When we had no money, we were driving round in old, somewhat unroadworthy vehicles and certainly weren't drinking, smoking and getting tatts or things... not that I do that now anyway.

Some people do a lot to bring " being poor " on themselves.
I have also come across many people that are wealthy that came from very bad begginings. it's like a motivation for them. They pull their fingers out their backsides, work like dogs and get ahead.  My 2nd Brother in law is like that.  He's a very successful accountant with a growing business doing just what he wants to do these days and nothing else. Left home when he was young because he couldn't stand abusive parents anymore, Lived on the streets for a short time and brought himself up to where he is through hard work. Still works too hard IMHO but he says he likes what he does. He lives modestly but very comfortably but I'll bet he's worth several Million at least and earned every cent of it.

I had a client some years ago that was similar. Left home young, living on the streets and came across some guy that said if you are fair dinkum about getting ahead, I'll give you a Job. Guy showed up and worked for the guy for a week doing landscaping.  At the end of the week the guy said you can stay in the old granny flat and if you want to do it up I'll pay for materials. The guy did.  Worked for the guy for 10 years and one day he said I have had enough, I have no kids, the business is yours if you want it.
Guy has built it up to one of the biggest landscaping companies around but as wealthy as he now is, he started from being homeless to being a multi Millionaire..... and a bloody nice guy.  I still see his company name still as the major sponsor for charity events for helping the homeless and struggling families with sick kids.

It's all about priorities. I know that there are a lot more drug dealers in the poorer areas than there are in the up market places. People can't afford food or rent but will buy drugs. To me that does not make them poor, it makes them stupid and victims of their own actions. 
 There are lots of people that cry poor that have plenty of money to spend on luxuries but make out they don't have a cent to their name.

If you are truly doing it tough, you don't have the money to be spending on things like engines just to play with.  :0)

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 12:42:47 AM »
I just got "the" look.

We all know " that" look.

"It's just that I don't live on a farm with big barns and sheds an acres of land but I act like I do. "

You ever notice people that live on land ALWAYS have piles of shit somewhere just sitting round?  My father is a neatness freak but still has the great rubbish pile down the back. I say to him, what you going to do with that? it's not going to go away on it's own.  He says well when I go away, it will be your problem to deal with.
Ya!

Just bought a 100m2 shed out of town to store my stuff.

I have a 100m2 shed that's full.  Not all my stuff but that's not the point. when you have that much to store, you have too much.
I keep walking round looking at what I have outside the shed particularly telling myself this has to be culled but after about 50 Laps and hours of procrastination, seems everything in that mess is something I need.  Not going down that road again.  Crap is going to go wether I come to regret it or not.
I threw out stuff before I wish I hadn't but keeping it all and looking at the mess and feeling depressed over that is far worse.

A good start is to skip the good oppertunities and don't buy more junk.

Moast of my real junk I scrounge for free. Probably why it's junk and I should never bring it home in the first place. I think that's a big part of my problem. I see value and potential in too many things.
The stuff I buy  is not really a problem. At worst I can always sell it and I don't buy anything unless I can buy it below what it's worth so I can get my money back on it if I choose to . the little stuff I have sold I have always made money on.  I think I need to make some more money on it just the same.  :embarassed:

I'll stop buying stuff after this one.....

Maybe we both should be saying " I'm going to buy everything that comes along"  because that's what I do anyway.
Maybe reverse Psychology would work better because telling myself I'm not going to buy any more sure as hell isn't!   :embarassed:

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2018, 02:42:02 AM »
Nice reply glort,

just for the record I've only been once to australia by accident. It's a place I could live. Felt at home straight away.
About my junk, holland is all about boats so apart from the bigger boat stuff I also have a sailing dingy a rubber boat dingy with outboard trailer etc. rebuild the house years back with all the tools wood and stuff bought but not installed. Then after that came the CHP lister madness. If I would put it on ebay and just buy back the stuff I needed when I need it that would be the solution.
Stupid example my father cleaned out his shed few years ago and he had a pile of old teakwood. big pieces from an old shop window frame. At least 100 years old.
You know where that ended up....
It's not garbage what I store it's just mini ebay.
Regards Bernhard

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:30 AM »
Yep, if it`s a Markon head made by Stamford it`s pretty nice tool. I serviced a 20 year old petrol generator with the same head today, probably good for another ten years. Used to find them in a lot of building site generators, sadly Stamford stopped making them, probably lasted too long so bad for business.

Bob

G'day Bob.

I think we're talking about the same head

This one's a 6kW unit - although I don't need more than about 3kW

You can see it in pics attached here, dummied up to a shaft-and-coupling

And (thanks to our American friends) there's a John Deere pulley on there with an 8-rib micro-vee pattern which should drive nicely off the big wheel of the #2 CS

"A work in progress" as they say

I'm just typing this while waiting for my battery drill to cool down from drilling the M16 holes for the adjuster bolts lol

I know nothing about generator heads, really - so any wisdom around this one would be well-recieved

(And thanks for the various inputs I have already had on the subject)

Cheers, Mike

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2018, 07:37:15 AM »

Did you buy the MicroV Pulley?
I priced one the other day when I picked up a V pulley from the industrial Joint and they wanted $97 For a 5" + GST. 
The V Pulley was $31 all up.  If they are cheap in NZ I might bring a few back with me when I go there later in the year.

Wonder if I could bring back an engine as excess baggage?