Author Topic: Bargain!  (Read 3325 times)

guest23837

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bargain!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 04:28:44 PM »
https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-miscellaneous-goods/lister-3hp-diesel-engine/1303090223

An old girl, 1941.

I'm not sure it's a bargain, though (unless you were being sarcastic?) - £400 for a 3.5hp engine only is very slightly on the steep side of normal right now.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 06:44:43 PM »
It's not far from me but this side of the border it would fetch double that!

guest23837

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 02:08:09 PM »
My brother just bought a Lister D for €150.00 he ordered the parts to get her running head gasket new valves etc cost £145.00 paint will be extra. Postage to Ireland even from the UK is horrifying as apparently things get "lost" in the post all the time. Everything useful, if you can get it posted is sent registered mail. No $200 high powered engines here Grort grrr

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 05:44:44 AM »

Have seen a half-dozen 3.5 HP CSs come up over here in the last year - range $200 - 350ish, depending on how close to being a "runner" they are.  But haven't seen a 5 or 6 HP one on TradeMe for a year or two - I think I grabbed the last one eighteen months ago.  They will come up, though, given time

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 02:31:19 PM »
Wow !
I would gladly pay 400 pounds for a genuine Dursley Lister even if it is the 3HP version.
Sadly.... it's 15,000 miles away from me separated by an ocean  :'(

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 10:14:49 AM »
Hey Glort, I`ll leave my CS 6/1 to you in my will, can`t imagine my wife wanting it. You may have to wait a few years, if I`m lucky.

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 12:18:45 PM »

Hope I have to wait at least another 30 Bob.

My aunt says when My Uncle goes everything I want in his shed is mine.  On that price, I don't want anything.  I'm getting paranoid about getting older and I'm also sick of loosing people. I have been very down today, Can't get it out of my head that this day 3 years ago I was at a funeral  I won't ever get over.
I'm also going to be the sole beneficiary of my fathers estate. He's 80 in Jan and in quite good health with a few little problems. I'm happy for that. seems the people that have nothing wrong with them are the ones you have to really worry about.
Another one I don't want to collect on and I just don't want to have to deal with.  I'm just so tired of losing people in my life.
Got to the point now where I can't face the thought of loosing a cat or a dog.

On a brighter note, I had a good score foraging in the scrap metal bin of a local engineering place this weekend. Got some good stuff to make up some mounts and brackets for engines and generators/motors. the small bits of steel these engineering companies throw away are perfect for for us tinkerers.
I did miss out on some really large lumps of box section the other week. Bit annoyed about that as they would have made great base mounts for any engine. Procrastinated if I wanted them or not and by the time I worked out what they would be good for, they were gone with the rest of the stuff in the bin.  Could have made up a nice mount for my Merc engine.

Such is life. Need to get rid of more useless crap now anyway.

“Steal a chicken if you get a chance, Huck, because if you don't want it, someone else does and a good deed ain't never forgotten.” Mark Twain. Substitute take for steal and metal for chicken. I have started to take any bits of box, angle and plate I see dumped or unwanted they will always come in useful for something.