Author Topic: Spotted for sale  (Read 150 times)

Johndoh

• View Profile
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Spotted for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:28:10 PM »
Neat looking unit. 

I think the owner is just a tad tired of Nigerian traders.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Johndoh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:24 PM »
There's usually one or two a week in Ireland always when I have no money! I do like that one tho
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 01:11:40 AM »

I think the owner is just a tad tired of Nigerian traders.

Aren't we all?

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 05:19:49 PM »
Aw glort,

Where's you sense of humor and love of fun. 

"Oh yes, yes.  Please make the check out to Mr.Ripley.  He'll be so thrilled you trusted him with an over payment.  He'll be sure and get that amount right back to you.  I'll take the ad down as the money for the heart medicine is on the way.  Thank you so much."  (That's Ripley of "Believe it or Not" fame here in the states.

or

"I'm so glad you phoned back on Sunday night from Microsoft just to help me with my computer.  Let me transfer your call to IT.  Hello?  Hello?  I guess we were disconnected?"  (This is where you get to practice you best Indian dialects.)  When Joan hears me hacking their beautiful dialect she says "Oh, your friends again."

or

"Look butt-wipe, I screw people all fuc*ing day long down at the used car lot so please don't call me after dark and give me this bullshit pitch.  How about a little professional courtesy!  Now fuc*-Off!"  They rarely hear the closing salutation as they're laughing too hard.  Spreading joy is an art.

or

"It's a shame you have to deploy to the Middle East at the end of the month Sergeant but I'd be proud to help an enlisted man sell his like new Lister self starting generator for $257.  I understand having to use catalog photos because you loaned your camera to your sister for high school graduation in a wheel chair.  Now what's the address I send the certified check to so your buddies can air lift the Lister from Italy to Hawaii just as soon as the check clears.  Wow!  It's just what I want and need.  Mom's iron lung will never stop running again.  God Bless you for making America Great Again!!!"

I believe this is called making lemonade when your given lemons.  I kind of look forward to these moments of creative telephoning or emailing now.  Attitude is an important part of just having fun.  Some folks just might call it an IQ test.

My longest dribble in some time.  Not the glort novelette but still pretty good for me.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 10:25:35 PM »
Aw Casey,
where`s your cynicism? :laugh:

Good rant, nice to find you waxing lyrical.
bob

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 11:23:00 PM »

Used to get it a lot that the item I wanted was far away in some speck on the map place which would render the thing inaccessible for all but 100 people in the whole country to see.  Suspect pics and if you weren't aware it was sus at the beginning, the response left no doubt as did the typical excuses and assurances.
Delivery was always no problem as soon as you Paid the money.

What threw the scamming filth every time was my (non existent) brother, "the truck driver" whom was always going through that remote area and could Pick the item up and pay cash for it.  All the sudden they or the item would be somewhere else after telling you the email previous email where they were located in wherethefukarewe.  Get back to them, Yeah, that' no problem, spoke to brother and his best mate drives in that area and He will pay and pick up the item and drop it to me and I'll reimburse him.

Suddenly, you never hear from them again.

I find that is a very useful way of checking if people are Bonafide. Any real person would be happy for someone to pick something up and pay cash so they didn't have to muck around. Anyone that flinches you know is a mongrel.

Scammers have come in useful for one thing though.  Payback.  My Brother in law got scammed $500 a couple of years back.  Have to send the money western union, in a hurry or will sell it to someone else, oldest scam in the book and he fell for it hook line and sinker.  Sister in law confided to a friend who told my Mrs. BIL is all embarrassed but does not think ANYONE outside of he and his wife know. Of course the whole family does now!

He likes to give myself and other brother in law a hard time. We have discovered he's a real manipulator of peoples opinions of others by spreading lies, half truths and omissions. He started getting on his high horse the other night at dinner directing thinly veiled insults at us and our Mutual problems.... which he clearly suffers from a lot worse but is in denial.

Being the low life I am, I gave other BIL a wink and said " Hey, did you see on TV During the week that clown that sent that money to the scammer and got ripped off?  Paid him through western Union because the guy had another seller and all the usual transparent crap and this Pelican rushes up the shops and sends the guy the money and that's the last he ever heard from him. Who would be dumb enough to fall for a scam like that? Some people have no brains.... Bil says yeah, can you believe that? Got him for 4 or six hundred dollars I think it was. Not a fortune but the embarrassment of being such a sucker would be the worst part. Geez, you'd never be able to look a guy in the eye and not laugh after them getting taken down that easy would you?" {Lots of laughter} "

Of course best part was, that turned the conversation to people getting ripped off because they were soft touches and everyone at the table Joined in including Sister in law. Shes Ditzy at the best of times and probably forgot her husband was a sucker we were talking about to begin with.
Biggest laugh was after Dinner when walking back to the car BIL and I noted how other BIL after our Dig went back to his spot at the end of the table and appeared not to say another word for the rest of the night.

I'm surely going to hell but I'm going to enjoy the ride getting there.  :laugh:

I have been asked to go back to NZ towards the end of the year to shoot a job. Dunno why, I don't want to go but Mrs wants to get rid of me and telling me I have to.  I might put some effort into seeing whats involved in getting some of their Cheap engines and machinery back here.
Probably one place on earth where the exchange rate is favorable as well.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »
I used to offer twice the money COD but I now prefer the mutual Jacking Around approach.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator