Author Topic: Oil Pressure Gauge  (Read 7039 times)

dax021

• View Profile
Re: Oil Pressure Gauge
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2018, 09:22:56 PM »
[We mostly use a small diameter orifice .
[/quote]

You dirty bugger.  Is that an American thing? ;D

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2018, 05:58:11 PM »
Hi folks, didn't mean to kill this thread with my smartarse comment.  I just saw the last post on a page of it's own and seeing it out of context like that, I just couldn't resist.  My apologies if the OP or anyone else was offended.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 08:46:32 PM »
Here's a link to help you decode your serial number: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/EngineDating/Dating5.htm

However, as I know chunks of it off by heart, I can tell you that you have an SR2 from 1975, and it's an anti-clockwise rotation engine.

Hope that helps!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2018, 05:19:16 PM »
We mostly use a small diameter orifice .

There must be a spring or air chamber, or something, hydraulics through a small orifice just limits the amount of flow, but the pressure still has to react instantly, as most hydraulic fluid is not compressible.   Maybe the spring mechanism in the gauge provides the resilience.

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 06:51:14 AM »
Thank you to all who have replied. Every bit of information I get I store and then list it on a notice board for when we attend Rallies. Thank you for the link to be able to date these engines I have also shared it with a mate who has now discovered that his Dumper is also a Liner and not a Benford so he can now age his little twin cylinder Lister.
I will try and find an oil gauge and if not I will take the punt on fitting an ordinary gauge in place and see what happens with any surging that may happen. Thanks again for your help.
Cobba
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.