Author Topic: A Little Rant about eBay parts  (Read 1257 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: A Little Rant about eBay parts
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »
Same as that, Casey.

Sure there's scammers, twats and lowlifes on eBay, but if you use the system it's pretty fair.

I've been caught once by the 45 day rule, school fees paid, and since then I've had eBay side with me often enough to cover the loss.

Living in the French Pyrenees is limiting if you are looking for the unusual (Wine and cheese are plentiful and cheap!) and eBay.fr is a shadow of the US and UK versions, the Land Rover spares I order direct from Craddocks in the UK (across the board nearly always cheaper than the web). Occasionally I use Leboncoin, like Ebay crossed with Craigslist, the rest is Ebay.

And I've no complaints at all.....

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

Johndoh

• View Profile
Re: A Little Rant about eBay parts
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2018, 11:34:52 PM »
I dont really have a problem with eBay I have used it almost 700 times in 5 years I have only ever had bad experiences with Chinese sellers and twice with Africans that wanted to send more than the asking price for an item I was selling. I didn't take up their generous offers as I pointed out just send a cheque for the correct amount when it clears you'll get your item and appropriate feedback. Paypal isn't perfect but it beats the tar out of Western Union!

As an aside I ordered a new brush box from a UK seller on Tuesday morning it arrived in Ireland on Friday thats a great service
It is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness