Author Topic: IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! GDPR regulations, May 2018  (Read 6094 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! GDPR regulations, May 2018
« on: May 23, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

As many of you will now be aware, having received scads of e-mails about it recently, the EU's GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) comes into force on Friday, 25th May, 2018.

This forum, in common with all forums, holds data which can be used to personally identify you. Specifically, your name (or pseudonym), e-mail address, and IP address you most recently accessed the forum. There are also various settings which determine what e-mails you might receive from us. Typically, these might be topic/reply notifications, and the occasional general announcement, such as this one.

I'm planning to install a mod which should help me manage the forum in light of these new regulations; specifically, to allow the "right to be forgotten" (i.e. deleted) without actually deleting any post contents; the right for members to see what data we hold about you, and so on. I'll also, after this notification, do a bit of a database clean-up to get rid of old/dead/defunct/never used accounts.

If you wish to change anything about your account, which you can't do yourself though the forum software, please e-mail me on listerengineforum@solutionengineers.com, with your request. Depending on how many requests I get & when, I may not be able to action them before the 25th May, but I'll do my best. If anyone seeing this message, or reading the e-mail generated from it, wishes to have their account removed, again, please e-mail me. Or, I believe you can delete your account yourself, if you log in.

If you can't login, because you've forgotten your password; request a password reset. All e-mails from the forum are currently being generated from the above e-mail address, so if you don't see the mail, please check your spam folder.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them here. I can't guarantee I'll know the answer, though. IANAL (I Am Not A Lawyer).

Cheers,
Ade.

On behalf of the Lister Engine Forum, http://listerengine.com
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! GDPR regulations, May 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 08:02:09 PM »
AdeV,

Thanks again Ade for all that you do to keep the forum rolling along.
Very much appreciated.  ;)

cheers,
Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »
++++1
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »
Yeah Ade

Love the exchange of info and opinion and prejudice here.

The world would be a poorer place without it

Thanks

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »
Same as the rest of the blokes!

Cheers Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2018, 09:33:50 PM »
Thanks everyone, I may look after the server here, but it's you guys who ARE the community. Long lives to you all!

Anyway... this post has generated around 750 e-mails (so far!), waaay too many for me to look at tonight. And I accidentally ran "npm" on my laptop, which currently has a habit of killing it stone dead until it's finished. I have no idea why. I wish I did... but the upshot is, I can't even hit "reply" to any e-mails yet.

For those of you who have asked for e-mail address changes; I'll put these through as soon as I can & let you know via e-mail when I'm done. A few (5 or 6) have deleted accounts using the proper procedure, I've got a few delete requests via e-mail too. We've got a holiday weekend coming up here in the UK, so I'll try to use that to clear some of the backlog.

Cheers!
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.