Puppeteer

Author Topic: My God! Can't old posts go away!  (Read 19598 times)

stevem

• View Profile
My God! Can't old posts go away!
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:18:34 AM »
     My God, Can"t old posts ever go away?
I come to these sites from time to time and the same shit is on the screen.  Such as "BANNED FROM LISTER ENGINE FORUM"!!!!  Isn't there any one who can make this shit disappear?  I sometimes make stupid posts and they also never go away.  In this enlightened age I can't believe this cant be handled.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: My God! Can't old posts go away!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 10:07:11 AM »
If that's all you have to whinge about, why not log onto the Samaritan site, I'm sure they'll treat your post with post with the reverence you so clearly think it deserves.

Stef 
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 03:14:20 PM »
Say what?

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 08:40:27 PM »
Isn't there any one who can make this shit disappear?

Yes.

Me.

If you'd like to explain in a little more detail, preferably a little more comprehensively and a little less emotionally, perhaps I can address your issue?

Or I could just ban you.

Your call.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:36:07 PM »

Yes.

Me.

If you'd like to explain in a little more detail, preferably a little more comprehensively and a little less emotionally, perhaps I can address your issue?

Or I could just ban you.

Your call.

lol.  Well done Ade

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 10:10:39 PM »
+1 Ade

Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 12:52:36 AM »

Now that's a fine howdy do !

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 06:07:58 AM »
Thats the problem with the internet and such. All the dumb crap you put on there tends to stick around, only to bite you in the arse many years later. Still trying to teach my kids that. Maybe posting that naked selfie isnt a good idea after all.....
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2018, 09:22:38 AM »
My question is a simple one, have you rehabilitated yourself? If you have and you wish to add something useful or learn something from those on the forum you are welcome. If not, then it is back to the naughty step for you.
Forgive and move on, unresolved feuds do more harm than good. AdeV can always ban you later.

Bob

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2018, 12:55:54 AM »
The trick is to have the honor of being banned for posting the truth, the absolute truth, presented properly, without agenda or argument, bias, malice or ill intention. Now that's a righteous ban!
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2018, 12:25:28 PM »

On a renewable greenwashed site, I was shitcanned for posting links to creditable organizations that undermined the parroted fantasy beliefs and fairy tales they wanted to push.
There are plenty of people here that are green motivated but for the most part, are honest in their outlooks and admit limitations where they exist.
 This other lot were just drinking WAAAY too much Koolaide. 

After hurricane Erma, my twin listeroid 20/2 was chugging away, a slight haze of diesel exhaust when under heavy load. Probably not all that green, but certainly an excellent backup to grid power during emergencies. Furthermore, I'm not at all sure I should be required (or even pressured) to be green during a bona-fide emergency. The good news is that I burned up a few gallons of ancient olive oil too. (rather than dump the olive oil in the Everglades... ) [sarc]
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 04:41:52 PM »
I'm getting so I can't stop laughing about some of the contributions.  Whether the post sounds like Archie Bunker or Meathead.  A little growth would be so refreshing.

I'd like to nominate:

Yes.

Me.

Or I could just ban you.

Your call.

as post of the year.  Damn June through December; I just don't see this one being beat.  Most excellent!

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »

And I would bet my backside, the most hysterical, greenwashed, never satisfied, Environmental loudmouth would plug into your " Dirty" power in a heart beat if they could keep the lights on at night and the Tofu cold in the fridge when their power was out.

For once I agree with you 100%.

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 03:24:03 AM »
And I would bet my backside, the most hysterical, greenwashed, never satisfied, Environmental loudmouth would plug into your " Dirty" power in a heart beat if they could keep the lights on at night and the Tofu cold in the fridge when their power was out.

If you could quietly send me the address it sounds just a bit like my side of the street.  Don't tell a bunch of people though as I'm kind of bashful about my philosophies.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 08:17:40 AM »

Thumbs up Casey