Author Topic: Arrow k6  (Read 14250 times)

Mr X

• View Profile
Re: Arrow k6
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2018, 05:43:42 PM »

I'm not understanding how the carb regulates the gas mixture.  What type of carb is it? Is there a needle that goes into the main jet Like an SU  to regulate the gas feed or will this be set up for a constant speed Load?

I take it the gas is pressurised so unlike liquid Fuel it will be admitted at the same rate regardless of the airflow.  Must be something different about this setup i'm not thinking of.

I bought one of those Chinese trifuel carbs for Honda they were so inexpensive I bought 2 at 26 bucks each. They have a demand regulator so the more vacuum created by the motor the more the fuel valve opens. I stole the demand reg from the spare carb and mounted on the Kohler. It seems to run it fine. I since bought a demand reg from USA it cost lots more, about 125.00 Canadian. I built a frame and today should be making power. The carb I'm using is just the stock gas carb from Kohler but I drilled it out so it's now only lpg or ng.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 05:45:26 PM by Mr X »
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2018, 01:49:42 PM »
It purrrs, I got this beast hooked up and producing power, running at 1800 rpm. I still have to fine tune the gov throttle but it has no problem running what I'm guessing is a 3500 watt gen. It dose this without making the noise the Honda makes. The Kohler wants to vibrate around the room so u should see the concoction of crap I employed to get it to stay put. More fine tuning to come. As always when u diy stuff. The funny thing about this motor is I've had it parked in a shed for at least 10 years, and because I was blinded by the slow speed bug I just didn't see it as a possibility as a prime mover. Sure I  have the listeroid and have burned thousands of gallons of wvo but I'm so tired of messing with it.  Every 1500 hr tear down and decarbon, usually a 2 day job. My old bones don't  enjoy it much anymore. I just hope ng stays close to $1.00 gigajoul or I may be back to running the roid.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:17:40 PM by Mr X »
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2019, 04:40:13 PM »
Almost 4 months running the Kohler, runs really nice and I can't find any thing major wrong when it's time for my weekly oil change and service. It's an ongoing chore to clean the plug and tighten or fix anything that has loosened up but it's a real gentleman's motor, no need to get greasy up to ur elbows. That said I did have generator problems. I seized and replaced a berring, and changed new brushes. 135.00 . I'm using a new more expensive oil petrocan Centron, it's a ng engine oil and I'm hoping it will reduce the ash I see on top of piston and plug. I 'll up my hours for oil change to 100 hr, but have figured how to run an oil furnace pump to pump and filter my oil. Will rig up this spring, other then that it a great motor for producing power. So who wants to buy a Arrow k6.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2019, 06:56:55 PM »
I just caught sight of your engine.  Looks like a real hit at $100.  I'd email carlB to help with an informed decision about WVO and NG.

Good luck.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245