Author Topic: Arrow k6  (Read 14255 times)

Mr X

• View Profile
Arrow k6
« on: April 06, 2018, 11:50:03 PM »
I'm now the proud owner of a 07 k6 arrow engine. Got home and she's a hefty lil bugger. Good thing I still had a friends engine hoist. Any way I bought it cheep the price of a bottle and a case of beer. Which is a good thing cause right now it seems to be frozen. Eat her truly frozen or rusted. I gave it a squirt of w d 40 in the valves couldn't get the plug out. So I'll have to heat it up and check it out more. I sure am curious as to if these are Indian made. Cause I'm like to convert back to diesel . Looking at it I'd need a new side cover that contains the opening for the i p pump, then I'd need the cam follower. Then I'd need the fuel line and injector. I have no idea as to why the retired this and what is wrong, or maybe I'm the proud owner of a boat anchor. I just need a boat.
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

Mr X

• View Profile
Re: Arrow k6
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 11:57:45 PM »
I can find no markings of Indian Ness on it but u can see where parts were when it was a diesel. There are 2 bolt holes beside the plug hole, which used to be an injector hole. The side cover has been changed cause there is no signed of a hole foe ip pump. I read on a smokestack form that it could be a loveson sk,  ska,  or sh model.any ideas?
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
I'm thinking along glorts track.  I didn't know they harvested gas from the wells but my Witte diesel has the fuel requirements as "Use no crude."  But manufacturing engine parts that will work on different fuel sources makes sense to me.  Mine did not come from an oil field but I'm pretty sure that's where Witte got their manufacturing base from.

This sounds like a case for Dieselman.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 07:23:27 PM »
Take a look at this thread on the smokestak forum, its talks about this engine, and gets real interesting at post 39

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41957&page=4

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 02:50:31 PM »
Iv all ready been allover that smokestack fourm, there isn't much info about these lil arrows but they look sooooo much like an Indian product. There are 2 holes in the head beside the spark plug/injector hole. I'll bet the piston has been machined to reduce the compression ratio. The side cover oposit the injector side has been changed to a flat plate so there is no hole for the ip pump the spot where the fuel filter was is now converted to oil filter. And they went better by putting oil lines to the head to lubricate the valves.
I got the plug out yesterday and over the last few days the ice has melted and I can now turn the motor over, haven't really got into too much diagnosis on it cause my shop is friggin cold. Today seems a bit better so I may look at it closer. Ask the question when did petter amalgamated with lister, 60 s 70s the date on mine is 2007 where did these come from my guess is india. I'm emailing Indian suppliers to get the parts I need to convert this, well see.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
No it is Indian made product, I've been searching the suppliers and there are parts available to convert this back to the diesel it came from ,just a matter of a few parts. The only question is can I afford the parts plus freight, I guess I'll know soon.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 03:47:44 PM »
Voila. I found part, pretty reasonable. I need a new side cover the one I have has no bump out to accommodate injector pump. I need injector pump linkage, new governor drive, injector line, injector, hold Down for onjector and bolts. New intake and exhaust manifold. Con rod herrings and head gaskets, and other gaskets. 380.00 us. That's not too bad so I get a used  10 hp petter clone for the price of a case of beer and bottle of whisky, plus parts. Where can I find more. I can only hope that it works and I don't forget any parts cause I don't want to order and pay for more later. If you guys out there find these engines don't turn ur back on them they are a solid little engine, the crank is balanced and they look ,like a nice rig. X
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 03:50:28 PM by Mr X »

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 06:28:46 PM »
Well An ad came through with some parts. I got a gasket set most fit but for the head gaskets and block shims. And I'm sure a few others. I got governor parts that fit. I got head gaskets but not fit, the blow hole is right but the bolt holes and a few water passages wont. Got new intake and exhaust manifold. And got new crank herrings not sure if they fit.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 08:08:37 PM »
I think you might profit by upgrading your lubrication from WD 40 to just about anything including spit.  I'm now using acetone and ATF about 50-50.

A couple of photos would really be interesting.  I'm curious to see how much it looks like my Witte.

What part of the world did you find parts?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 03:26:04 PM »
http://s106.photobucket.com/user/MRx_04/library/. Ok there pics this is going to be run on natural gas, it ran on well gas before so it's almost ready to go. I put up with running a listeroid on used veg for years. 11000 hr. I'm tired of fixing, every 150 to 1500 hr it needs to be disasembeled an decarboned and fix what ever stoped it from running. I'm getting older and don't have the ambition. It is my main source of power that and a back up Honda.
   I knew when I saw this petter it was Indian and who ever converted this did a good job, it has pressure rocker arm oil. I'm pretty sure it has pressure oiling of the con rod barring.has a nice spin on oil filter. Electric start and charging, has an oil sight glass, temp gauge, electric clutch. Shit I bet the electric clutch is worth more then I paid for the motor, which was 100.00 bucks. I have the engine rebuild shop looking around for more of these but they were never too popular in northern Alberta.  These motors were suggested to run at 400 to 800 rpm I know there good to 1500 rpm not sure where I'll run her, maybe 1000 or less. But now I have to weight for parts.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:21 PM »
I'm getting older and starting to think that if something happens to me my wife would be hit with a double Wammie. I don't even have to die I could fall on the ice and bust my head and never be able to perform the magic I performed around hear. And I know Mrs X wouldn't be able to turn the starting Handel on my 6/1. That leaves the Honda, very expensive power, especially in the northern winter runing up to 6 hr per day on gasoline. The power company wants 16,000 for 1 pole and transformer. And they don't finance, the ng will finance. Ng will supply both heat and produce power cheaply. I figured it out at -30 I burn 4 gal in my house heater, 4 gal in kennel heat, and 4 gal in the roid. That is 16 gal, if it was diesel instead of the free crap I burn it would cost 50 bucks / day. Converting to gigajoul it would be 9 bucks, big saving. Lotsa  people say oh u won't die, but shit happens and sooner or later it will happen. My operation is not just a turn the lights off and leave situation, thus the concern for our future.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 05:02:50 PM »
Makes good sense all around.  NG is a bargain these days and you can always burn up to 90% NG in an your diesel.  Even a small addition of NG would eliminate your build up issues for your "free" fuels. CarbB has a great NG/diesel setup - super simple.  His setup has an AC solenoid valve that opens the fixed NG flow.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 06:32:15 PM »
Yah I was going to park the roid for now and this engine docent has an injector so wvo  is out of the question. I just got off the phone with big All. He used to sell these arrow petters and I'm getting a head gasket and rings, Anand won't answers my emails. If anyone is interested these are 10 hp Indian petters  that have been modified to north American oil field standard. Big All said he knows where there are more it's too far from me to take advantage of but u guys in the US can.

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 06:37:43 PM »
Just to let u know Big all's is in Illinois 618 963 2619

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 08:58:47 PM »
Wow Mr. X,

You're doing some very neat stuff.  I'm in the "very envious" line waiting for a tour of your system.  Thanks for sharing your photos.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator