Lister Engines > Petteroids

Arrow k6

(1/7) > >>

Mr X:
I'm now the proud owner of a 07 k6 arrow engine. Got home and she's a hefty lil bugger. Good thing I still had a friends engine hoist. Any way I bought it cheep the price of a bottle and a case of beer. Which is a good thing cause right now it seems to be frozen. Eat her truly frozen or rusted. I gave it a squirt of w d 40 in the valves couldn't get the plug out. So I'll have to heat it up and check it out more. I sure am curious as to if these are Indian made. Cause I'm like to convert back to diesel . Looking at it I'd need a new side cover that contains the opening for the i p pump, then I'd need the cam follower. Then I'd need the fuel line and injector. I have no idea as to why the retired this and what is wrong, or maybe I'm the proud owner of a boat anchor. I just need a boat.

Mr X:
I can find no markings of Indian Ness on it but u can see where parts were when it was a diesel. There are 2 bolt holes beside the plug hole, which used to be an injector hole. The side cover has been changed cause there is no signed of a hole foe ip pump. I read on a smokestack form that it could be a loveson sk,  ska,  or sh model.any ideas?

LowGear:
I'm thinking along glorts track.  I didn't know they harvested gas from the wells but my Witte diesel has the fuel requirements as "Use no crude."  But manufacturing engine parts that will work on different fuel sources makes sense to me.  Mine did not come from an oil field but I'm pretty sure that's where Witte got their manufacturing base from.

This sounds like a case for Dieselman.

listard-jp2:
Take a look at this thread on the smokestak forum, its talks about this engine, and gets real interesting at post 39

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41957&page=4

Mr X:
Iv all ready been allover that smokestack fourm, there isn't much info about these lil arrows but they look sooooo much like an Indian product. There are 2 holes in the head beside the spark plug/injector hole. I'll bet the piston has been machined to reduce the compression ratio. The side cover oposit the injector side has been changed to a flat plate so there is no hole for the ip pump the spot where the fuel filter was is now converted to oil filter. And they went better by putting oil lines to the head to lubricate the valves.
I got the plug out yesterday and over the last few days the ice has melted and I can now turn the motor over, haven't really got into too much diagnosis on it cause my shop is friggin cold. Today seems a bit better so I may look at it closer. Ask the question when did petter amalgamated with lister, 60 s 70s the date on mine is 2007 where did these come from my guess is india. I'm emailing Indian suppliers to get the parts I need to convert this, well see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version