Puppeteer

Author Topic: NEW Listeroid update  (Read 1567 times)

queenofjacks

• View Profile
NEW Listeroid update
« on: April 04, 2018, 03:19:23 PM »
Hi, Guys-
  Well, I've been pretty busy with the listeroid project.  I had to track down and fix several "Gremlins" -- leaky banjo fittings at the pumps, purge fuel system, replace (with lighter) and reset governor spring, experiment with several muffler configurations (finally settled on standard Lister type mufflers), balance fuel pumps, adjust linkage (several times), etc, etc.  Spent many hours getting the flywheels balanced properly.  Finally got it right when I realized that the crank throws (on a two cylinder engine) are opposite and therefore balance weights must be opposite (Duh!).  It runs pretty smoothly, now -- just a little more tweaking.  The starter/generator driving one flywheel works great - and, in my opinion,  is the easiest and cheapest way to crank one of these beasts.  I've used this system twice, now, and it works great!  I'm waiting on a new idler/tensioner assembly to come in so I can belt up the generator head.  When I get that done and make a few more adjustments,  I'll post pics of the finished product. ------ Cheers,
                                                                                                                                                       Charlie
Lovson 10/1  7.5KW - Power Solutions 20/2  12KW - Lister SR2 7.5KW - 2-Lister 8/1's - Lister TR2 7.5KW

38ac

• View Profile
Re: NEW Listeroid update
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:40:21 PM »
Good to hear you have things going your way.  Your issues sound like standard fare with all of of the Indian engines.  They under balance almost all of the singles and over balance the twins. A twin will never settle down as nicely as a single but you can get them decent. Mine sits on a cart and as long as it isn't on concrete it behaves nicely.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel