Author Topic: Further evidence of the stupidity of those in charge  (Read 11350 times)

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Re: Further evidence of the stupidity of those in charge
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2018, 12:39:34 AM »
Why do so many people complain about corporate decisions whilst blaming the government?  These failures are a function of the corporate capitalistic model.  Great bait and switching but just not valid.  (A word associated with truth.)

I wonder how the battery powered trucks are going to affect trucking traffic.  This is going to be a really neat ten years.  I hope I make it just for curiosity's sake.

How will battery powered trucks can travel cross country.

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2018, 12:45:22 AM »
Where are these trains going to go and what will they haul ?

They will carry people inter and intra city.
They can carry Grain, coal, ore, livestock, heavy machinery, food, manufactured goods and everything else they now send by road.

Trucks are a complete menace and scourge of our roads. Here they make up 12% of the vehicles on the road and are responsible for over 40% of serious accidents. There is not a day goes by without a truck accident makes the headline news.  Transporting goods by rail is far more efficient and removes a lot of traffic, long haul especially.
Different  taking merchandise from the rail head to the point of delivery than across states and country.

If door to door rail transportation worked and was cost effective . Rail would be used for short haul instead of trucks. Rail only pays for Hub to Hub transportation of goods in sea cans. Or bulk cross country transport of crude oil, coal, grain etc. 

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »
Is that because trucking companies are all private enterprise. I guess pollies make popular decisions to try and regulate road transport because self regulation for most enterprises has proved to be a failure in the past. Mostly because there are reams of rules but nobody to bother policing them.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 07:27:35 PM »
I'm guessing here glort.  But I'd suspect that Australia is much like the US in publicly owned assets.  Here in the states they are managed by publicly owned corporations.  That includes CEOs and board members with all kinds of "other" agencies. 

I'm from the camp that believes that without consequences the hope for change is stupid.  I worked in a privately owned home for unhappy teenage boys.  "No Consequences - No Modification of Behavior." was our favorite mantra.  These kids were already operating in the corporate model.

Mother Truckers are everywhere.  You just have bigger trucks.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245