Author Topic: The things you see when you have no money  (Read 2859 times)

dax021

• View Profile
Re: The things you see when you have no money
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 07:19:03 PM »
Fat Freddie says "It's better to have dope in times of no money, than money in times of no dope"

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 07:26:33 PM »
Another one!

[url]/https://www.gumtree.com/p/generators/old-vintage-gardiner-marshall-bristol-diesel-generator-not-working/[url]

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:32:35 PM »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 01:39:38 PM »
When I see one of these puppies I say a little prayer.  "Please let the right person buy this and give it the home it deserves."  You know; Someone that will store it well under cover and not let their 14 year old step son learn about "mechanicals" on it without real adult supervision.

Am I showing too much of my plumbers ass?

Tool on lads and lassies.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

guest23837

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2018, 02:43:20 PM »
When I see one of these puppies I say a little prayer.  "Please let the right person buy this and give it the home it deserves."  You know; Someone that will store it well under cover and not let their 14 year old step son learn about "mechanicals" on it without real adult supervision.

Am I showing too much of my plumbers ass?

Tool on lads and lassies.

I agree with that 100%. My brother allows his son to mess around with old lawn mowers etc to "learn" I have told him repeatedly that you don't use metric sockets or spanners on imperial fixings but it's a waste of time, at 15 he knows everything

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 09:12:55 PM »
I dearly wish I could give it a new home, sadly I couldn`t afford it right now too busy saving up to get that Lister M. the price is ok it`s the transport cost that's the killer.

Do toy shops still sell Meccano kits or have they been banned cos some kid swallowed a gear wheel? Had a great set when I was a kid, turned out it was covered in lead based paint. Mother had a fit.

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 11:24:39 AM »
Went to my grandson's school for grandparents day a while back (I went to the same school 60 years ago) and found part of the playground area covered with black foam rubber. Seems like now if you go A over T off the monkey bars and lose a bit of bark it is a major drama instead of a wash and bandaid fix hence the foam. We must still be alive because the bacteria wasn't as potent in those days. Falling over and getting up was deemed to be part of your balancing education.