Author Topic: SR2 parts availability.  (Read 1359 times)

guest22972

SR2 parts availability.
« on: February 27, 2018, 07:23:00 AM »

Seems I have scored an SR2 today. Was on a barge that went to the bottom, retrived, drained, oiled,dried out and put back into service then sat aside for a while. Looks like it's been sitting on the bottom for a while but apparently just under cover by the side of the river in the marine workshop. 

Don't know much more about it than that and wont till I pick it up.
Just wondering if parts are available for these things Indian or original, and if so, would it be worth doing much to the thing to rebuild it?

Guess the options are get it going, sell it as is or stick it out for some garden art.  Would have preferred it to be a water cooled but can't look gift horses.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: SR2 parts availability.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:07:51 AM »
Way to go buddy. I got all the spares for my ST2 from dieselgman, I would guess he probably has stocks for an SR2.
When you get it it`s probably worth checking the innards for water damage, maybe test the compression then spin it up and see if it runs. Water cooled is over rated and just another thing to go wrong. This should be similar to my ST2 and have a cast iron fan built into the flywheel, this blows cooling air through a shroud around the cylinders. It is probably worth removing the shrouding and blowing out all the years of detritus, mice droppings and birds nests.
Happy days, good luck
Bob

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: SR2 parts availability.
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 02:05:16 PM »
Everything is available for your SR. That is a nicely engineered little engine!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations