Puppeteer

Author Topic: More panels!  (Read 6366 times)

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: More panels!
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2018, 03:36:44 PM »
Game cameras with IR motion detector is what you want, I think.  I've not used them but was considering them when a meth junkie was crowbarring into my secure mailbox once a week.  They eventually caught the two women who had been raiding all the rural mailboxes in the area for half a year.  The county sheriffs have zero hidden camera gear.  Apparently too busy with petty drug busts to be bothered with preventing/solving thefts.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2018, 04:34:16 PM »

I have been looking and the term used is " Camera Traps" .
It appears to be something I could knock together using a PIR sensor and a few components.  PIR board from an arduino maybe the easiest to set up.
Output could go through an  opto and then to the remote camera Trigger port.

Pitty I didn't think of this at the last place.  Could have lit the neighbors up every time they walked out the door.

Certainly would be handy for security purposes though.  Trip a still or video camera every time someone comes up your path or magically appears at the back door. Add a solenoid to the trigger of your favorite miscreant deterrent Loaded with rock salt or purple Dye.....

I too have found Police are very selective in the crimes they persue and also seem to have a very misplaced perception of severity of different crimes and  the worthy devotion of their time to solving or preventing them.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2018, 05:16:35 PM »
In small town, very rural US, the police have been militarized by federal funds, and even in a tiny town of 5000 actually have heavily armed, black suited SWAT team that look like Gestapo to me. All part of the "war on drugs", while big pharma profits obscenely every day by creating new opioid addicts.

I know a guy who lives in town who had long hair, surrounded by Mormon neighbors who didn't like that. His wife is an artist and makes stone statues of dragons that are very cool. The local Mormon Justice signed a warrant based on his electric power bill being $15 more than his neighbors(!), for suspected pot growing. A dozen man SWAT team with automatic weapons smashed in his door with a RAM, trashed his home and found...absolutely nothing. A year later he was still trying to get reimbursed for the damages.

Last year, my county rolled out their big SWAT team to make a big drug bust- on an elderly man with terminal cancer living in a rural area outside town who was licensed to grow his own pot in a walled in, secure area per the law.  He moved there to pursue his treatment. His son and daughter in law were his caretakers and were also licensed to grow, but the daughter in law's license was recently expired. So there were a few plants too many (cancer treatment takes a lot of pot) given her expired license so they seized all the plants, and threw the son in jail and pressed charges against them.  There was no evidence or even suggestion that they were selling pot. 

The county wants more tax money for more officers. They want more money for more prisoners, the bulk of which are there for petty drug offenses or waiting for trial for same.
It sure doesn't remind me of Mayberry, RFD. 

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2018, 12:02:49 AM »

That is truly scary stuff Bruce when small town places have that level of power over the citizens.  Most places here with a Pop of 5000 wouldn't have a police station and when you wanted the cops, they would have to come 45 min to an hour from a larger town when you needed them.  Inevitably one would be a Junior and the senior one would have a chip on their shoulder you made them come all the way out there when they were busy.
Never a happy medium wherever you are.

The US seems a very strange place to me.
So many people are blinded by patriotism yet still don't trust, and in so many cases, fear and loathe their Gubbermint for things exactly like this.
Seems everyone has stories and accounts of things like what you mention that show they are far from in the land of the free and have a lot in common with places they would call the people as being oppressed.

A mate from the US I will be going to NZ to work with in November was telling me this week how he took another friend out for a run in his newly finished  Cobra Kit car.  They were doing 70 in a 60 zone and got pulled over. They got roughed up and had guns pointed at their heads and were throw in the dirt face down, cuffed and left there while the cops did their checks.  The other guy is literally retired CIA ( Looked after presidential security, so he says) and when the cops ran them through their computer something came up.  Mate said it went from having guns at their heads and boots in their back to " You are free to go Sir's"  in a minute.  All for doing 10 Mph over the limit!  Mate said he has no clue what comes up when they run the other guy but it must amount to " Do not fk with this guy" in big red flashing letters.

Mate always tells me he has FAR more trouble flying anywhere in the US with the gear he has with TSA problems than he does flying in and out of any country anywhere else in the world.

I was discussing on another forum this week the gun situation in the US. I really do think a LOT of decent everyday people in the US would be extremely uncomfortable about having to give up their guns because they see the biggest threat to them as being their own Gubbermint. Of course the world tower event came up and I had to admit, I have looked into that a lot and I am of the opinion it was an inside job.

I think the whole concept of anyone even suggesting such a ludicrous and unimaginable thing and sounding like a crackpot is the best defense and cover for those behind it.
None the less, if one looks at the facts and evidence, there is just way too much that undermines it to make the official story remotely possible.   

If one believes that event was not as made out, then one has to believe that virtually anything else is possible. 
Makes you wonder what's next? Nuking a city so they can start a war with China, N .Korea or Russia?

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2018, 04:25:43 AM »
Calling 911 in rural California?
Danger might be close, but the law can be hours away
  ( 911 is the USA emergency number that goes to the dispatch center for
fire, sheriff or traffic control )

Most of inland and California north of San Francisco, is rural.  My area has 1 patrol sheriff officer to cover about 1,000 square miles.

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article215453050.html

excerpt
"Kristine Constantino, had dialed 911 from her cabin five hours northwest of Sacramento and hung up. The closest deputy was en route from the county seat of Weaverville, 97 miles away. But the drive through rugged forest and over steep passes would take almost three hours"