Puppeteer

Author Topic: Router Speed Control Device vs. 4X36 Belt Sander  (Read 1485 times)

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Router Speed Control Device vs. 4X36 Belt Sander
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
IMHO the 125mm flap disc on the battery angle grinder is just the perfect tool for giving mower blades a touch-up

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 04:09:06 AM »
I use a 1960's vintage Black & Decker 8" snag grinder that I paid 5 bucks for at a flea market. I got 2 at that price, the thher is from the 50's but needs brushes. Yeah, I'm a cheapskate.
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
Life moves on boys and girls.

I put the router speed control on the handheld belt sander and when I turned it up side down it fit right into the gaps on a portable work bench I have from a previous craigslist score.  Yeah I sold the far too gone to work gas stove that was on it but I digress. 

It works pretty darn good and that's with a 120 grit belt.  I saw a porcelain 120 grit belt at Lowes that I'll pick up in the next week or two.  The chief's knife is actually kind of sharp but I'm sticking with 36 grit for the machetes, shovels and concrete form scraper (tall banana plant harvester).  I might even break down and get something in the 200 range like the ones the dedicated sharpeners use.  It's only money and Amazon Prime has my credit card number.

Small victories are better if you stop and appreciate the moment.

Aloha
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2018, 02:48:36 PM »
Life moves on boys and girls.

Girls?
There are women who frequent this Forum?
Really?

And here I was thinking it was just an online geriatric Sausage fest like all the engine shows I have been to.   :embarassed:

OK, there is the occasional long suffering Mrs  There looking as bored as I am waiting for my Mrs in a frock shop, but pretty sure the female folk don't have to suffer with their fellas looking here.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2018, 06:38:36 PM »
Archie Bunker is alive and living somewhere in Australia!

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245