Puppeteer

Author Topic: How to raise boulders from a quary....with a Listeroid  (Read 6280 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: How to raise boulders from a quary....with a Listeroid
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2018, 04:21:38 AM »
I think I`ve got it, what about organ donation? Any politico found guilty of failure in their duties could be forced to hand over their ovaries or testicles to prevent them from further contaminating the world. Too radical?

What about something more biblical, an eye for a lie a tooth for an untruth. The possibilities are endless. I read a book once called 101 things to do with a dead cat. How about 101 things to do with a useless politician?

Bob

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 04:30:00 PM »
an eye for a lie a tooth for an untruth.

Hmm, I can't think of a faster way to reduce the entire elected political class to blind people sucking their dinner through straws than that!

What happens when they run out of eyes? (about lunchtime of day 1 I reckon...)
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
OK,

We've reworked the work roster.  You can get the boulders out of the pit and I'll stay in the air conditioned office.

One of my schemes is to keep things dangerous so people will be careful.  Like the poor brakes on the truck.  If it takes a block to stop you just don't drive as fast - enlightened safety protocol, ESP, is what I call it. It doesn't work when you put the red lead on the black terminal but the gloves do protect your fingers from getting burned on the red hot wire that remained dangling.

I once watched a guy go out on a snowy roof to put the last nail in the ridge framing.  When we were back on the ground I asked "Why'd you risk your life for Bob (the owner that treated us like crap)?"  He replied "I don't know."  Turns out Bob was not only a jerk but a thief as well and hadn't been paying Workman's Compensation.  My friends wife and two kids would have been on welfare the rest of their childhood.  Just about any concept or practice can be pushed well beyond the range of good sense but good sense still needs support.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2018, 04:07:08 AM »
There was a news article here many years ago.
 A Japanese tourist bought an old  $100 car to travel cheaply around NZ.
He was detained weeks later after driving through a shop window in Turangi.
Despite the car having no brakes,  he had successfully driven the length and breadth of the country, slowing on the hills by running along the barrier rails, using the gearbox, and generally being a skilled and savvy driver.... no mean feat with a country of winding roads, mountains and gorges, one way bridges and narrow one way gravel secondary roads.
His one mistake.... there was no curb in Turangi to bump into to stop the car in an angle parking space.
This guy was punished... I always thought he should have  received a driving award..

starfire

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2018, 09:53:19 AM »
If you werent so hysterical, Id tell you another story........... :)