Puppeteer

Author Topic: SR1 External Housing Needed- Oil Filter / Lift Pump / Dipstick  (Read 2222 times)

Lithium Battery Guy

• View Profile
SR1 External Housing Needed- Oil Filter / Lift Pump / Dipstick
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:13:58 PM »
Hello and good day to all.
I am a recent member of this forum, I only found very old listing for SR1 parts. (several years old)
The external aluminum housing that the lift pump, oil filter, and dipstick are attached to is broken.
I have inquired to the USA dealer that I know of, but trying to turn over all stones to find a suitable housing as this is likely a 1973 model year.

A picture is attached of the broken housing that is needed. I have the dipstick and lift pump, both appear serviceable.
I have asked a friend if this broken housing could be welded, but I don't put too much faith in that option.

Any help to locate one is appreciated.

Thank you.
Brian

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: SR1 External Housing Needed- Oil Filter / Lift Pump / Dipstick
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:05:45 PM »
Hi Brian, Your best bet in the USA would be Gary at Diesel Electric(AKA Dieselgman) in the UK you could try Sleeman Hawken.

I`m pretty sure that casting could be successfully welded using either a TIG or MIG welder. The trick would be to bolt it to a steel plate to stop it distorting during the process.

Bob

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 04:52:28 PM »
^ Take a look at these items on ebay UK:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lister-ST-side-doors/122941857447

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crankcase-Door-for-Lister-SR1-LR1-Lubricating-Oil-201-55340/273018852551

The first of these listings has been on there for ages, hence the seller would possibly be more likely to post this item outside of the UK.

Lithium Battery Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 12:55:33 AM »
Thank you for the information directing me to the replacement parts I needed.
The needed parts have been located.

Thanks for the helpful replies.

I will post pictures as soon as she is ready for the camera.

SR1A, with Kohler 3.5 KW 60Hz generator head on original Kohler shock mounted frame.