Author Topic: Listeroid Metro 6/1 Cylinder Head Cover  (Read 2239 times)

klmiller37

• View Profile
Listeroid Metro 6/1 Cylinder Head Cover
« on: January 29, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »
Hello all. I brought my fathers Metro 6/1 1200 miles home and when I got here there cylinder head cover had bounced off. Ironically the nut was still in bed of trailer. Anyone know where I can find a replacement?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 02:54:04 PM by klmiller37 »

broncodriver99

• View Profile
Re: Metro 6/1 Cylinder Head Cover
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:12 PM »
Where are you located?

If in the US Gary at DES or Central Maine Diesel have replacement parts.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: Listeroid Metro 6/1 Cylinder Head Cover
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
is that the stamped tin cover over the Rocker Arms (that you have to remove to oil them daily)?

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »

Wouldn't be too worried about it.
Most of the time I left mine off so I could oil the rockers and make sure there was a pool of oil still in there.
No oil runs down tot he engine so dirt is not a worry. Way the covers fit they wouldn't keep anything much out anyway. 

Here we get mud wasps which want to block up every hole and cavity they find and get under things. They would love to get under that cover and make their dirt nests but they wouldn't go near anything open and exposed.  I put a plastic bag over the top  and tape it best I can to keep everything out when the engine isn't being used..... as in the last 4 years.  :0)
Don`t start me on mud wasps, too late, you have.
Little bastards get in everywhere. If the mower or chainsaw won`t start it`s probably because the exhaust is filled with mud.
Last time I fired up my bench grinder nearly killed me, 2 pounds of mud let go at 2400 RPM! Apparently we are living through
one of the worst mass extinctions in global history, these little buggers need to be next on that list.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 01:40:29 PM »
Don`t start me on mud wasps, too late, you have.

Around here they have a knack for finding every recessed screw or bolt hole and packing it slam full of mud.