Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister Petter LPW4  (Read 3473 times)

DerekTW

• View Profile
Lister Petter LPW4
« on: December 12, 2017, 12:14:17 AM »
Hello. I acquired another Lister Gen set. This one is a Lister Petter LPW4 or lPWS4. Not sure what the difference is and hard to find any info explaining it. Anyways, It has a Mecc Alte 16.1 KW, 4 pole at 1800 RPM alternator, 60 Hz, 120/240 Volt. Has 57 running hours on it, just like new, Gov surplus, taken out of service October 2017. It has a Deep Seas control panel. I would like to install a tach, voltmeter, oil pressure and water temp gauges. The control panel doesn't let one monitor any engine or gen parameters, but it does have the auto start function along with all the other shut down alarms and functions. Looking for some info or guidelines on installing electric gauges, what are the thread sizes on the existing senders on the engine block, oil and coolant? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to install volt, amp and frequency meters for the gen also, but that can wait for now. Thanks, Derek.
Lister HR4 / 18 KW generator
Lister Petter LPW4 / 16.1 KW generator
Kubota L4740
John Deere Marine 4.5L PowerTech

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister Petter LPW4
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 12:25:43 AM »
LPW4 is direct injection, LPWS4 is indirect injection. Indirect will have glow-plugs in the cylinder head. Your deep sea controller will have ALL engine instrumentation functions built in. Analog controls are not needed. They can be added, but the cost and trouble of matching to existing sensors can be a pain and gets expensive if you are not very lucky.

We have the entire factory tooling setup and full parts inventory for this series.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

DerekTW

• View Profile
Re: Lister Petter LPW4
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 12:31:55 AM »
Hi again Dieselgman. I have not given up on my HR4 either, lol. I would say that my new addition is the LPWS4, as it has glow plugs in the heads. The Deep Seas panel doesn't have any visuals for any engine or gen parameters, just idiot lights and alarms. I figure it would be easier and cheaper to add gauges and meters, rather than to rewire and buy an up to date control panel. Thanks, Derek.
Lister HR4 / 18 KW generator
Lister Petter LPW4 / 16.1 KW generator
Kubota L4740
John Deere Marine 4.5L PowerTech