Puppeteer

Author Topic: The twin build  (Read 8082 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: The twin build
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2018, 06:38:48 PM »
Yes when things get warm the watet loss is big time. BTU? That's a highly scientific question that I am pretty much clueless about. All "engineering" on my part is monkey see monkey do. I saw a picture of a Lister built unit a few years ago and went from that.  We have a similar setup that is used on several engines including the TL Lister and it is too big.  This one will likely need a by pass of sone sort so we can regulate the cooling a bit.

Collector and horder of about anything diesel

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
Hi 38ac, thanks for all the technical info, what a beautiful job. I`m looking forward to getting back to my build as soon as I get the go ahead from my doctor.
I saw a screen cooler like that at a local show, the owner had rigged some blue LED lights inside so the whole thing glowed with a blue haze, very cool at night.

Bob

Willw

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2018, 11:48:15 PM »
Congratulations on another excellent build sir, the way you have it balanced one would not guess that these engines are known for rough running.

I was set on ultimately buying an 18/1 at some point, but after seeing this I guess I might have to side with Glort, buy a 16/2 instead, and blame it on you "It's all your fault".  :laugh:

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2018, 11:42:01 AM »
 The camera hides some shake, believe me.  I am not a fan of high speed CS types and always suggest that a big bore single or twin at 750 or less RPM is a much better choice than a high speed engine single or twin. If the engine is to be non portable  a person can get a twin to settle in nicely. Every out of balance condition is magnified when sitting on a cart.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 01:23:20 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel