Author Topic: Generator Purchase Advise  (Read 1694 times)

NeilV

• View Profile
Generator Purchase Advise
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:11:20 PM »
Hi Lister Forum,

I'm a newbie on the site. I am presently Working on several Lister projects. My Jkson 2/12 is almost ready to fire up and will be coupled to an induction motor for asynchronous generation and used vegetable oil.
 I have a SR1 which requires a replacement generator head. Does anyone know of an 1800 rpm direct coupled unit in the 3 kw range? My backup plan is to use an induction motor.
 My Lister 1800 rpm SR3 has an 8 kw Winco generator head. It seems a little small given the engine capacity. I was thinking to swap in a 10 - 11 kw direct coupled head. Are the Stanford clone generators reliable? Is the Stanford design the most efficient generator head available? What kind of voltage regulation does a Stanford require?
 Has anyone done WVO feed on a SR3?

Thanks,
Neil
Jkson 2/12
Lister SR3
Lister SR1
Detroit 2 cyl 71 Series

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Generator Purchase Advise
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:14:13 PM »
The Stamford clones are very good quality... Lister/Petter had been building theirs in China for many years and putting their own label on them for further distribution throughout the world... same thing.

Efficiency in the genhead is basically a non-issue. The Stamfords use SX460 AVR for voltage regulation and it is built into the basic unit.

8.2kW is the smallest version and they go up in size from there with all sorts of housing and coupling variations.

We stock them in Kansas.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 03:08:35 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations