Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister HB6 Workshop Manual  (Read 2966 times)

LRT

• View Profile
    • LRTMMS Instagram
Lister HB6 Workshop Manual
« on: December 08, 2017, 05:16:51 AM »
I'm doing up a Lister HB6 engine and I'm needing a workshop manual to check the injection pump timing, reject dimensions and main & conrod bearing bolt torque specs.

I have seen the later HR6 workshop manual for sale but I understand the bearing dimensions were changed. Is this the case?

LRT

Australia
Australia

Lister SL1
Lister HB6
Lister Petter TR1
Lister Petter TR3

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: Lister HB6 Workshop Manual
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 09:05:19 AM »

I have seen the later HR6 workshop manual for sale but I understand the bearing dimensions were changed. Is this the case?

The HA HB and HR6 all look very similar to each other but you are correct in that the the HB6 crankshaft bearing journal dimensions differ significantly from the HR6 (HR6 has a 4.25" cyl bore verses HB6 of 4").

I hope your fuel injection pump is OK as the HB6 has a unique governor arrangement on the the end of the in line fuel injection pump, which is unique to that application.
Sorry I cant help you with a workshop manual, but I am sure others will chime in soon enough.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »
We have the entire L/P library of manuals... HB6 should be no problem to locate if you are needing the document.

gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

LRT

• View Profile
    • LRTMMS Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 03:38:48 AM »
Thanks dieselgman, I have sent you an email.

We have the entire L/P library of manuals... HB6 should be no problem to locate if you are needing the document.

gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
Australia

Lister SL1
Lister HB6
Lister Petter TR1
Lister Petter TR3

LRT

• View Profile
    • LRTMMS Instagram
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 03:58:20 AM »
Thanks listard-jp2,

It appears to have been removed from service due to low oil pressure at this stage but I will investigate further.

I have removed the crankshaft but need to know what the crankshaft journal dimensions are to see if it needs grinding.
Australia

Lister SL1
Lister HB6
Lister Petter TR1
Lister Petter TR3