Author Topic: Lpw3 exhaust manifold  (Read 2274 times)

Sean72sean

• View Profile
Lpw3 exhaust manifold
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:04:07 PM »
Hi,
I’m a newbie,
Just bought a lpw3 to fix as it has failed bigs ends. It’s out of a canal narrowboat. I have very limited knowledge of engines  but it’s on my list( rebuild an engine) of stuff to achieve in life since I broke my back last year and had to give up my real passion of sailing.
Anyway more to the point I know it needs a new or second hand exhaust manifold so can anyone point me in the direction to to get one please?
Thanks
Sean

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lpw3 exhaust manifold
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 09:34:02 PM »
We have plenty of new castings to fit the LPW engines. There is one type in current stock here - top outlet.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Sean72sean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 09:42:01 PM »
Ah should have said I’m in the uk

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 01:07:45 PM »
The mail goes back and forth U.S.A. to the U.K. I do business there fairly often.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »
He's even sent me stuff to France!

Cheers  Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 06:12:45 PM »
In the UK Sleeman and Hawken are the main agent 01626 77 82 66. Affectionately known as stealer and hawken they do know how to charge.  I rebuilt a LPW4 2 years ago and it cost over £2500 in parts from them.  The workshop manual recommends changing lots of the bolts when rebuilding the engine. Dont bother with new bolts as the ones they supplied me were absolute rubbish they snapped when torquing the head down. The new headbolts were soft if you tapped 2 new bolts together they made a dull ringing sort of noise. Tap the old head bolts together and they rang at a lot higher pitch and torqued down perfectly. They seem to have every thing in stock but make sure your sitting down when you ask the price. It might be a good idea to get a price from them first. And them get a price off dieselgman even though he is in the States he might be cheaper.  Will say one thing though if you have never built an engine before its a bit of a hard one to start on theres lots of other engines a lot easier and cheaper to rebuild.  For instance a Lister CS type easy available in the UK for a reasonable price cheap Indian spare parts and you could use it to get into Steam rallies for free by showing the engine.

Mick

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:22:39 PM by listeroil »