Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

New member & pics

(1/2) > >>

Tom:
Hello All,

I bought an Ashwamega 6/1 and a ST5 from George last fall. Here some pictures of my buildup: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showthread.php?t=163918

My rig is to power construction of our off-grid home and then to function as back-up power. I expect a lot of hard run time and am looking to get a long life out of the setup.

quinnf:
Tom, what's your engine's serial number?  I've got #204, RenoSpeedster has #203.

Quinn

Tom:
IIRC # 217. The first one I got that had sucked a lot of sand during it's short test run was 199.

quinnf:
Ok, welcome to the family, then.  Sounds like poor #199 really got hosed.  Too bad, but then maybe that's why George is no longer importing that make.  Seems it's not much to ask from a manufacturer.  Pay him 10 bucks/engine to ensure they're cleaned right.  Heck, for half that, he can probably employ someone to work all day cleaning it with a toothbrush.  I guess the trouble is in getting the supplier to stick to the agreement. 

That engine ought to work great as a construction genny.  You won't need any more power than that and it won't use much fuel.  With a muffler it'll be quieter than any but the most expensive construction generators, and after a couple thousand hours, you won't have to throw it away! 

Quinn

n2toh:

--- Quote from: Tom on December 27, 2005, 12:05:37 AM ---IIRC # 217. The first one I got that had sucked a lot of sand during it's short test run was 199.

--- End quote ---

There was no way to repair #199?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version