Author Topic: Just some eye candy  (Read 1330 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: Just some eye candy
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
Or sell it as an over unity power generation prototype. That seems a very popular area for the technically impaired.

I had a recommended Vid following me around on YT the other day. I noticed it was getting a ton of hits fast so had a look at it.
It was all about " Free energy" which is a very similar thing and related to over unity.

I don't know why you seem to put this down to something for the technically impaired Bruce. Have you seen how many people have been able to do this? have you seen how they can get power for nothing? Sometimes no emissions, noise, heat... its amazing.  Yet still so many people Label it garbage or hogwash or whatever.

Perhaps Bruce you and other people don't really understand how this works.  It's very simple providing you know how to approach it.
You need to clear your mind of things that interfere with the Concepts.
Forget about superfluous and inconvenient things like Fact. Or scientific principles like Physics. Put logic out of your mind.  Proof is also a limiting factor in understanding how this works and do not be self centered and rude such as to ask for this to be demonstrated in front of qualified people.

Educating yourself in similar technology's and theroys can be a big help and there are many examples of them widely published luckily.
Read up on the tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny and of course the big one, Santa Claus.  When you open your mind and believe these things are real and can argue for their existance, then you will find that things like over unity, free energy and the man in the moon are easy to come to terms with and understand. It's all about forgetting those nasty and defeatist things like the truth and reality and such like and then it will all make perfect sense.

Seeing the number of hits these vids get, I really have to get around to doing one.  Get some old electronic parts, throw in the obligatory coil of copper wire, make a far fetched claim and you are there. if you want lots of hits, couple up some electric motors with a heap of belts and pulleys all spinning Busily and watch the number of people complimenting you on your amazing achievement and even people wanting to buy it off you.

I think a couple of blokes like you and I with an IQ over 50 could make a lot of money out of these idio..... investors!    ;D

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 06:30:56 PM »
My recent low frequency, low EMI inverter design can easily be shown to produce 30% more AC power than DC being used; most meters won't show the current spikes on the DC side properly and will under-report DC current significantly. When measured properly, it's actually 8% loss (92% efficient).

True RMS measurement of power in and out is highly dependent on waveform, frequency, and the test equipment.  This is the basis for many of the "over unity" frauds out there.  Some are more creative with hidden motors and such.  It's an entertaining field full of charlatans and their devoted followers.  Humans can and do believe strongly in almost anything with no rational proof or evidence.  And the well documented and well proven Dunning-Kruger effect insures that certainty will increase proportionally with ignorance; so whenever you are feeling quite certain you really have to question yourself.  Thus we have the world we do. 

It's not easy being a human.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 07:17:48 PM »
Wow!

I never heard of the Dunning Kruger effect, but having Googled it I can see where they're coming from.

The bloke who invented the Easy  Out stud remover must well worth a look at!

Stewf
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 07:31:05 PM »
Dunning-Kruger helps explain a lot- especially in politicians with "simple" solutions.  As my own intellect and memory is failing alarmingly due to MS, I think more about these things. Perhaps in another year or two I'll be completely certain, and care free?!

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 08:53:52 PM »
Oh man the stuff learned on the Internet. It amazing how much I don't know and how incompetent I am.  ::)
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

EdDee

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2017, 07:15:56 AM »
Bring on the lemon juice......
12/1 750RPM/9HP Roid 5kVA- WMO Disposal/Electricity & Hot Water Gen
12/1 650RPM/8HP Roid 4.5kVa - Demon Dino
Chinese Yanmar - Silent Runner with AutoStart
Classic Komatsu 1963 Dozer/Fergusson 35 Gold Belly ...
Bikes,Cars,Gunsmithing & Paintball...Oh yes, a 5Ha open air Workshop to play in!

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2017, 09:08:42 AM »
Oh man the stuff learned on the Internet. It amazing how much I don't know and how incompetent I am.  ::)

The net is such a Quandary to me.
So much wasted on moronic garbage like crapping on about what celeb is sleeping with who or other social media garbage and rubbish like " gaming"  but also such a powerful resource for places like this and so much more. I was only saying to a friend the other day, I wonder if they even print and sell encyclopedias any more when we all have an up to date one for free at our fingertips.

I have learnt so much off the net and made a sizeable part of my living from it in the last 15 years certainly. I have looked at new business models and had people give me their time to help and teach me things that slingshot my experience forward to things I would have never had the smarts to work out myself in a decade if ever at all. With the right help and reference points, you can become an overnight expert.
There is so much one can learn and benifit from with the net if only one puts it to use.

I used to get a bit annoyed with my son through his lack of appreciation of this. As young kids, I always pushed their reading skills. I was always of the opinion that if you can read, you can educate yourself in anything you like.  I am a highschool dropout, left the DAY i turned 15. Wasn't a bad student for anything I gave half a damn about, just hated school and the fact even then I realized they were teaching me so much useless crap I'd never need in life and that has sure been proven. I had my kids reading proper magazines before they even got to school as as a consequence their reading was always off the scale for their age.

Suffice to say I had a tough Childhood and by the time I was 13 It was just my grandmother and I. Every useful thing I learned I had to teach myself. Most of that was from being a book worm and going to the local Library. I used to get annoyed at my son because he had this awesome amount of knowledge at his fingertips but he'd come to me for everything. I'd tell him look it up and he'd get annoyed. I don't know whether I did the right thing or not but I just wanted him to be independent and learn to look after himself. I figured if I could do these things well before his age with nothing like the resources he had, there was no reason he couldn't' teach himself a lot more than I knew.
Fortunately he did start getting the hint and looking things up and learning.  The more he did that, the more it became habit and the more he learned.

I see a down side to is as well.  As a photographer I like to spend time on photo forums. As much time as I do like looking at them, mainly business related things, the more I see how brainwashed people are becoming. There is so much sheeple thinking it's amazing.  It's like a practice that always had at least 4 ways to skin a cat only now has one single usually pathetically flawed mindset that everyone follows and if you don't your an idiot, deceitful, have no clue or all 3.  People will go on with and maintain the most ridiculous notions and the lengths they will go to to support and argue them in the face of facts and evidence that prove they are wrong is mind numbing. I have always enjoyed these discussions and learned so much but I'm realising I have to give it away now. It's doing my head in and the older not netwashed mentality people I talk to and have worked with being smarter than I have all come to the same conclusion.

It's like all the younger ( and a good amount of the older ones) are just so net/brain washed they are living in a parallel universe.
I keep thinking that all these other people can't be wrong, it has to be me getting left behind but each and every time I ask people things and test the ideas or think I'm the wone that's wrong, real people/ clients confirm I'm absoloutley right and wonder where the hell I got that stupid idea from.
Makes me wonder then how the others get away with it. I think a big thing is they converse and deal a lot with other net washed people who have an outlook very akin in it's habits to Political correctness gone mad.

My industry is going down the toilet fast and it's in no small way to the internet brainwashed mentality these people hold. It just takes one clown whos now a lot better at talking to the masses and telling them garbage they want to hear than they ever were at actually practicing what they preach, IE, running a profitable business, to come up with some cockamamie idea and preach it to a few of the sheeple worshipers and that stupid idea becomes fact. Anyone challenging it no matter with what fact, evidence or logic is some sort of evil person whom must be disregarded and hated for their wrong  views.  That's me frequently And the more you can prove your unacceptable thinking is in fact vindicated and absolutely correct, the more you are despised. The level of narrow mindedness and the overpowering sheeple mentality is just becoming alarming.

I think it all started when I said faceboob wasn't the only way to promote a business, you shouldn't need the latest gear as it comes out to rely on as a crutch for the quality of your work and business skills were a very important thing to have no matter what trade or industry you are in. 
Speaking such filth and blasphemy  makes the backlash I have received over those few against the grain positions alone, a wonder I haven't been hunted down and Killed in my bed!

While really not bothering with any other social media, I do love Youtube.
I have seen so much on that which I never knew existed in the world. Machinery, places, products, methodology's and stupidity like I provide for entertainment.
As with things I see here, the downside is you get to realise how incredibly smart some people are, the skill and abilities they have and I realize just what a pathetically dumb shit I really am.
On the upside, I also get to see there are morons and idiots by the million that make my own sorry lack of intelligence put me in the comparative genius category!  I have the smarts to figure getting smacked in the face with a shovel was going to hurt, I didn't have to test the theory to know I was right like some have!

Thankfully, there are still a few places like this where there are still real people with their feet firmly on the ground who can tell the difference between real world reality and Cyberspace. Only problem is, Not enough of those people.

Thanks to one and all here who make me realise I'm not loosing my mind. If I am, I'll side with you all here as few in number as we may be against all the other internet single brained upstarts. They would curl up in a corner in the fetal position and have a brain malfunction if you took their phone off them for 24 hours and have a complete mental break down after 3 days. Running short of battery and not being able to charge their phones up sends most of them into a panic attack on a daily basis.  ::)

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2017, 07:56:37 PM »
I LOVE youtube!  Where else could you learn to completely refurbish a 100 year old obsolete WICO EK magneto by just watching a video series? I was scared to death to open it up, but after youtube, now I are a expert. Smart too! ::)
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

The fine art of B.S. is not found in what is said, but in its plausibility.