Puppeteer

Author Topic: The Proof  (Read 2426 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
The Proof
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:32:10 PM »
Hi All

Not long after joining the forum I read a post to the effect that 'It don't exist 'til you post the video'

Being somewhat of a technophobe, that's pretty much beyond me, posting pictures has only just become possible with the new site - thanks a second time Ade!

Anyway a couple of weeks back a mate came out help get the winter's wood in and reckoned he could do it, as he's built the rev counter for the Lister and a stand alone 12v shed alarm I let him have is head, he's gotten a bit Speilberg, IMHO, anyway all I have to do is post the link.............

https://youtu.be/js3zz6CECqY

Try hot to hurt his feelings too much

Cheers Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: The Proof
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:00:01 PM »
Nice engine restoration and engine room!

Loved the Star Wars inspired intro. Fun.

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 08:14:32 PM »
Looks great and doesn't shake a bit.   Job well done, nice engine room

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 10:16:43 AM »
Thanks for that lads,

I'm well chuffed with the result. the expansion tank is on order and I intend to fit a small transformer and rectifier to one of the phases to power the radiator fan, on the theory that it only needs power when the motor is running.

Having followed the thread on water injection I've ordered a peristaltic pump (Chinese, Ebay, £4) to run under the same system

Glort:

Glad you like the shed, I've no idea how old it is, a couple of hundred years easily. There's no foundations and we're in earthquake country, some one knew how to build 'em!

I'm sure I could make movies, but I's a skill I've no real desire to learn. I have a fairly basic phone, no face book site and the lowest internet profile of all of my mates.

The castors were all I had to hand, when I find a home for it I'll go down the concrete base route.

The alternator I found in the 'layapart' of a shipyard down in Tarragona, whilst working on a rich blokes motor yacht. for  100 euros they even loaded it into the back of the Landrover.

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.