Author Topic: SL2 Start O Matic Manual  (Read 3740 times)

jonnymccni

• View Profile
SL2 Start O Matic Manual
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
Hi All,

I've just got a Lister Genset and joined the forum for some help/advice that I'm sure I'm going to need!

Firstly, does anyone have a manual for a 1961 SL2 start O Matic Genset? I think the number is 442, or maybe 422. I have the SL2 engine manual.

I nearly had it running last night, but ran out of steam winding it for bleeding, its making all the right noises now though. Electric start was sluggish, but the batteries I was using weren't great! The auto start seems to work but not sure the solenoids are working for the rack and decompression...

Any advice welcome!

Cheers,

Jonny

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: SL2 Start O Matic Manual
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:55:54 AM »
We would have the SL Genset 442 manual in our archives... typical reprint costs run $35 for the obsolete manuals. In most cases we would also have plenty of the original manuals ranging from $45 to $70, but not likely on the 442 title.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 11:57:36 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
Somewhere I have circuits for the SL2 generator both the one with the current transformer and the older one with 6 brushes in the DC section

jonnymccni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 03:15:45 PM »
Cheers for the replies people, I think I have one organised in the mean time, but if it doesn't work out Ill be back in touch.

Also need some info in a suppression capacitor if any one has experience with them?

Cheers

westray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 10:16:35 PM »
Somewhere I have circuits for the SL2 generator both the one with the current transformer and the older one with 6 brushes in the DC section
Hi
I have just fixed (hopefully) our old one (SL1 1.75KVA) with the 6 DC brushes, but I would really appreciate a copy of the circuit in the generator and its top box. I could not find anything on these older ones in the forums. I posted a request for help on Stationary-engine.net but it did not bring back the info I needed. cheers

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 05:02:00 AM »
Can't seem to post them on here Send me a PM with your email and I will give it a try