Author Topic: Has anyone tried using a pulse-type fuel pump on Lister / Listeroids?  (Read 2836 times)

Barenburg

• View Profile
I'd like my fuel tank to be mounted in the base.  The pulse-type fuel pumps seem efficient and inexpensive.  Has anyone made them work on a Listeroid application?

Thanks,  Bill

Barenburg

• View Profile
Thanks, I bought one and have plans to install.  It will include a primer bulb and the intent to run out of a standard gas can.  I'll post pictures once she is up and running.

38ac

• View Profile
It isn't generally recommended but can be made to work.  What is important to know is the injection pump pumps the same about of fuel each stroke no matter if at full rack or no rack. What changes with rack position is how much goes to the injector and how much is pushed BACK the inlet line. The fuel going back the line needs a place to go. Using rubber line between the two pumps will allow for enough expansion or if you must use steel line then you need to make other allowances for it.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Barenburg

• View Profile
Thanks guys!

Interesting, that's something I didn't know or consider.  I was thinking about returning bypass fuel back to the tank, but for a different reason. 
Are there any longevity issues pumping diesel with this type of pump?  And what about the possibility of inducing air into the fuel?

Bill