Author Topic: Good News! Power shortages coming my way! :laugh:  (Read 9656 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Good News! Power shortages coming my way! :laugh:
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2017, 08:08:45 PM »
I've never heard of Unicorn Fart powered anything except fairy tales.  Very nice laugh.  Thanks.

The short trip concept is a reality which make the plug-in hybrids so interesting.  I've even looked at using Lyft and not owning a car.  Now that is even too progressive for me. 

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2017, 12:49:22 AM »
Isn't it funny how governments are so inept at providing services? 

We had a governor in KaliFornia several years ago that made some stupid decisions and the whole state had brownouts and blackouts for several weeks.  My employer had signed a contract with the power utility that stipulated they would reduce consumption in the event of certain electrical emergencies.  So for about a month 10 locomotive-size Caterpillars were running full blast during the day around the campus.  It was GLORIOUS!  That was enough to keep about half the lights on, but no heating and cooling.  One of the maintenance people told me they were paying $10,000/day for diesel to be trucked in. 

Keep your Lister close!

Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2017, 02:29:19 AM »
I saw a couple of R/C electric cars at WalMart that looked pretty good. And my Granddaughter has a pink electric 4 wheeler ATV that is really sweet.
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2017, 04:14:42 AM »
Don't be the only with lights Glort, the greenies will show up at your door with torches and pitchforks demanding that you light up the whole neighborhood.
Remember the childhood story of "The Little Red Hen"?
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »
"Balance"

In with the good air through the nose.
Out with the bad through the mouth with the tongue push slightly against the upper front teeth.
Always remembering to count.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 03:33:13 PM »
Don't be the only with lights Glort, the greenies will show up at your door with torches and pitchforks demanding that you light up the whole neighborhood.
Ron

The Little Red Hen is the first childhood story besides Bible Stories that I can remember. The Little Red Hen should be required reading by all high school english students .
    Iirc the story originated from a Russian proverb.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »
"Balance"

In with the good air through the nose.
Out with the bad through the mouth with the tongue push slightly against the upper front teeth.
Always remembering to count.

I promise I am trying! Let's just not talk politics or policy, I am firmly set in my opinions as you are also so to be friends we will just have to agree to disagree. (that didn't make a lot of sense did it?) I hope you get my drift.
Ron

The Little Red Hen is the first childhood story besides Bible Stories that I can remember. The Little Red Hen should be required reading by all high school english students .
    Iirc the story originated from a Russian proverb.

Purty smart fellers them Russians. ;)
Ron